Happy 6 month birthday Bubba, Branch, Poppy and Lil Bit.

Bubba. Can we just take a minute and say wow, in 2 more months this boy is going to be a knock out. He's starting to come out of the teenage looking phase and I am thrilled. What has me the most excited about him is his rich dark copper coloring and size. He is definitely going to be bigger then both Basil and his daddy. He does have a longer tail then Basil but it is not carried high so that is ok.
View attachment 2919407View attachment 2919409
This picture here shows the true representation of his copper coloring. I am thrilled because while he's gorgeous Basil, and Drumstick did have a halo in their hackle markings.
View attachment 2919410
Branch
View attachment 2919411View attachment 2919413
Poppy
View attachment 2919414View attachment 2919415View attachment 2919416
And Lil Bit, Looking at the new pictures yup, the rooster signs are there.
View attachment 2919417View attachment 2919423View attachment 2919424
Oh and to show the difference in the color of their hackle markings, here is one of Basil. You can see the halo, or lighter colored copper in the hackles. I personally like both to be honest.
View attachment 2919427
Kids, come to California. I have plenty of room

Bubba. Can we just take a minute and say wow, in 2 more months this boy is going to be a knock out. He's starting to come out of the teenage looking phase and I am thrilled. What has me the most excited about him is his rich dark copper coloring and size. He is definitely going to be bigger then both Basil and his daddy. He does have a longer tail then Basil but it is not carried high so that is ok.
This picture here shows the true representation of his copper coloring. I am thrilled because while he's gorgeous Basil, and Drumstick did have a halo in their hackle markings.
View attachment 2919410
Branch
Poppy
Oh and to show the difference in the color of their hackle markings, here is one of Basil. You can see the halo, or lighter colored copper in the hackles. I personally like both to be honest.
View attachment 2919427
Stunning!

Yep, without a doubt. Doesn't bother the birds one bit.
This is regarding the shredding on my blue JG's feathers.

Is this indicative of lavender gene? Or is it just poor feather quality? This pullet has it the worst, but the other JG has it a little bit too.

Thanks for all the information, everybody.

Fluffy tax.

IMG_E1902.JPG

View attachment 2919410
Branch
Poppy
View attachment 2919427
Just gorgeous roosters. Gorgeous. 🥰

This is regarding the shredding on my blue JG's feathers.

Is this indicative of lavender gene? Or is it just poor feather quality? This pullet has it the worst, but the other JG has it a little bit too.

Thanks for all the information, everybody.
I believe it only happens with lavender and feathers.

Mine also hate and I mean hate snow. I love that yours did finally come out. 😆
Their shock and uncertainty were fun to watch. I was shocked at Cheetah calling Twirp back inside when she started to venture forth. If not for that, they probably would have come out sooner. Not positive, but suspect that Silver and/or Pear got tired of the inside antics and marched out, ignoring him and the panic from the rest.

I am going to wait until tonight, bring Jaffar inside and do the snip snip. I surely don’t want to hurt my little buddy. I do love that little squirt very much. And my house guest said that she would help me any way she could.:) (I said, can you cook spaghetti with sauce for tonight?) so…. Soon as we are done here with Chaco, I get an early spaghetti dinner, Yay! 😁
I have sauce cooking in the crock pot. It's a good day for spaghetti.

Back
Top Bottom