View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
Thats so cute!!

Any firearms are illegal in uk except for licence hunting
In the US, a kid can take a firearm to school if his parents buy it for him. What a sad state of affairs. Not trying to get political, just a quick comment on current events.
Tax (Broody Millie after I took her out of the nest box last year).

Attachments

• A83EA4BA-0A03-4560-8595-59FA2098E2E1.jpeg
    A83EA4BA-0A03-4560-8595-59FA2098E2E1.jpeg
    704.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Last year my sister became licensed falconer. On December 8th she caught a juvenile red tailed hawk. She and her kids have been training it ever since, mostly it goes after the rabbits that eat the garden, but I guess it helps keep other birds away too. They also have a large flock of chickens.
Here is the resident Harris Hawk at this resort.
B27267C4-43C8-46A0-B119-004416826654.jpeg

Beautiful puppers. Rottis are such sweet hearts.

There is a video of a Bantam Rooster killing a hawk.

I've attached it below for those interested.
BYBob and RC you may not want to watch. :hugs

EDIT: Warning! Quite brutal!!
Oh, WOW! That’s so brutal! Sad, in a way, but what a kick-a$$ rooster protecting his ladies! Amazing how he intercepted the attack!!!

The problem is then trusting the dog with the chickens. They would have to coexist. Not every dog can be trusted. Plus cats. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I know. I’m sure it can be tricky. I raised my dog as a pup with chicks. Rusty put Lexi in her place from the start. I’m not sure where a video is at the moment.🤣

Beautiful puppers. Rottis are such sweet hearts.

There is a video of a Bantam Rooster killing a hawk.

I've attached it below for those interested.
BYBob and RC you may not want to watch. :hugs

EDIT: Warning! Quite brutal!!
I do wish the people who record these videos would include the vital bit before the rooster attacks.
All the important information is in the time before the rooster attacks, not the fight itself.:he

BLANCHE IS GONE 💔
My best girl Blanche didn’t return from foraging on Saturday evening.
I knew right away it was bad news as she never does that. I took the dogs and searched our whole property but not a sign.
There were no particular tell-tale feathers I could discern, either, especially since all three white birds have been molting and the coop, run, and backyard area are littered with white feathers.
I can’t even describe my emotional state of mind.
708BB140-1AB1-49A7-9260-E855022D1607.jpeg
6D9F2243-E741-4E21-9DAA-FA161A1FFF62.jpeg
9048B0AD-3B5B-4694-AEF4-B3BAC4F731C7.jpeg
4929AAAC-4C66-4551-AB2B-3416FE508D78.jpeg

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

BLANCHE IS GONE 💔
My best girl Blanche didn’t return from foraging on Saturday evening.
I knew right away it was bad news as she never does that. I took the dogs and searched our whole property but not a sign.
There were no particular tell-tale feathers I could discern, either, especially since all three white birds have been molting and the coop, run, and backyard area are littered with white feathers.
I can’t even describe my emotional state of mind.View attachment 2921002View attachment 2921003View attachment 2921012View attachment 2921013
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
Oh no! I’m so very sorry.

Oh, WOW! That’s so brutal! Sad, in a way, but what a kick-a$$ rooster protecting his ladies! Amazing how he intercepted the attack!!!
Hmmm, is he protecting his ladies? What motivated him to attack the hawk?
As I wrote above, to make sense of the video one needs to see the events before the attack. I would place a bet that protecting his ladies wasn't what the attack was about.

Back
Top Bottom