Everything is locked and no one is getting out until I do something about that hawk. I have no Jabberwocky or even Patsy here to deal with it. Until I can remove it or get it to move on, no one is getting out of the complex. Ever.
Given half a chance I'd moved it 36 feet under with a ton of bricks on top or get it stuffed and hang it out to scare the others away

Lil Bit it seems has found a home and will leave Friday. It is going to hurt to let him go but he's getting 3 of his own silkie girls that are 10 months old. 1 of them looks just like him except for the hackle markings. He better mind his manners as he's also going to a home with a 8 and 12 year old little girls.
I'm so pleased you found him a home ❤️

I am having the same issue. I can’t believe my chickens are blowing their coats out now that it’s COLD outdoors. I live in a slightly warmer climate, but I have to tell you, it’s only slightly. It has gone down to 20 degrees a few mornings. 🥶😱
I put quail feed in with their layers and their feathers are coming back

Chicken mayhem today. Major fight (Arizona and Dakota) got into it. Jaffar jumped in the middle of the fight and stopped the two. Arizona went back to her eggs. Chickens can be mean sometimes! :mad:
Here’s Jaffar’s naked neck: 61CBF26B-8CF3-4F58-B6B4-96B362AB708A.jpeg

You are fast my friend. :goodpost:

I suggest observation with the cameras and I like the heating pad idea. Sansa still looks awful and I'm so glad I bought the brinsea. It is working great heating one end of the coop. Hattie really likes it. 😆

The way your roosts are RC would have to mount it on a wall next to the roost. The heating pad is probably a better idea.

For me I need Sansa to grow feathers and she does not look any better. I am getting very concerned for her and I'm very anxious to hear from the vet.

View attachment 2922138
Sansa is starting to look like a frizzle! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom