Thank you, I was going to ask you to post a picture of her to remember what she looks like! Beautiful, really. I admire her fierce quality, like you say, a survivor. Maybe if you need to retrieve eggs you could armor yourself with some thin leather gloves and a garbage can top for a shield? :gig (Please post pics if you do that)
You have the best most helpful suggestions! 😆

The regular poops were the rainbows and the cecal poops were pots of gold?

I'll read ahead, but as @BY Bob suggested, you could put up a few pictures at a time, a tribute in parts. Doesn't have to be a big set piece. You could label them a certain way if you want to keep track and maybe assemble them all together later if you wish. But just posting as you come across ones that you would like to share is fine, and nice for us too, we enjoy them both in bits and in bunches! :hugs ❤️
I will start sending memories and pictures, just as soon as I can get this ancient Egyptian golden chicken feces out of my head!

Peanut's mug. Getting her head feathers in still.
PXL_20220116_204648104.jpg

PXL_20220116_204638406.MP.jpg

Hazel, who blinked. Not a flattering photo but I noticed one inner eyelid is either before or after the other. Do they blink their eyes at slightly different times to always be on the lookout?
PXL_20220116_204539350.MP.jpg

She asked me to post a more flattering picture to set things right
PXL_20220116_204542491.jpg

I was going to reply with the following:

When mononuclear infiltrates are found in the iris, the affected iris turns a pale tan to grey color instead of usual yellow and this is known as ocular lymphoma or "grey eye".

To me it is the color change more than irregularity that is the real telling factor. In neither of the examples below is the pupil truly irregular.

1642466306009.png

@RoyalChick I don't think I would put too much stock in diagnosing Marek's via just an irregular pupil. Supposedly the blood test for Marek's is very inexpensive. Next time you take her to the vet, ask them to test for it.

I was going to reply with the following:

When mononuclear infiltrates are found in the iris, the affected iris turns a pale tan to grey color instead of usual yellow and this is known as ocular lymphoma or "grey eye".

To me it is the color change more than irregularity that is the real telling factor. In neither of the examples below is the pupil truly irregular.

@RoyalChick I don't think I would put too much stock in diagnosing Marek's via just an irregular pupil. Supposedly the blood test for Marek's is very inexpensive. Next time you take her to the vet, ask them to test for it.
It isn't me, it is @micstrachan whose chicken may have an irregular pupil. But good to know, I can ask the vet to test Maggie at some point. Her balance is 1000% better than it was but still not perfect.

Back
Top Bottom