What I note about Flash compared with the lab pictures is how the lab pictures show very ragged, fuzzy, ill-defined pupil edges. Whereas Flash's are pretty clean and sharp.

I was wondering about the lighter color of the iris next to Flash's pupils, but I think that is probably normal - in looking at the pictures of Peanut and Hazel close up they too have a slightly lighter iris in the innermost areas.

If there's a problem it's very early with her.
I noticed the same the pictures showed I’ll defined edges which Flash certainly does not have.

@micstrachan who in your tribe are you concerned about?
Flash. Don’t worry; I’m not assuming it is Marek’s. However, Marek’s is already a question mark in my flock (they said background Marek’s infection in Margo’s necropsy, but not in the others). I’m always on high slert, and Flash was acting unwell recently. She’s been acting perfectly normal since.

What other signs and symptoms is she displaying? Is she eating ok? Laying eggs as per usual? Any changes to anything? She looks very lovely to me.
Thanks. She’s acting fine, but was off last weekend. She was lethargic and constantly adjusting her crop. However, she was fine the next day and has been ever since. I don’t mean to be dramatic, just sharing the photos so I know I’m not imagining it. 🤣

[EDIT] If @micstrachan has any older pictures of her she might be able to compare.
THIS is a great idea; I’ll look. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts on Flash’s eyes. I just don’t know of anything else that can cause it. She can see well enough to eat. I’m not sure about watching for predators. I’ll check for that next weekend.

Thanks. She’s acting fine, but was off last weekend. She was lethargic and constantly adjusting her crop. However, she was fine the next day and has been ever since. I don’t mean to be dramatic, just sharing the photos so I know I’m not imagining it. 🤣
Earlier in the thread, they mentioned golden poops (what color is hers)? I’m sorry I said that :oops:

Here is Flash as a pullet. Thoughts on her pupil?

F2C3753B-A005-4797-A437-64A9645A7B09.jpeg

And here she was in August…
814C8576-895E-4AE6-B696-390BCA9CC1BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom