Yep my gang are in a right royal ripping mood today, Pangoo attacked me half a dozen times and bite my hand twice drawing blood, the hens were fighting each other and the poor chicks were being clobbered by everyone!

They tried to go outside but the snow is so deep and it was so cold all they could do was huddle by the door.

I took pity on them and gave them treats, a honking great load of scratch grain, that quieted them down 😊.

Meanwhile my barn network is down thus my barn cams also down, I am going through withdrawal not being able to check up on the ponies and chickies with the cameras 😆 it's going to be a loooong night!
Maybe your gang have cabin fever from not being able to get outside. It sounds like you have lots of space with a whole barn, but I have found that the more space the better for those inevitable Canadian winter weather days.

She doesn't have one breed, she's just Ivy.

Not sure if this photo has the right angle for showing the shape of her pupil because I don't have my specs on, but at least it shows her eye!

View attachment 2965298
No, it doesn’t look perfectly round in that picture. But I’m not sure if it’s a problem

She doesn't have one breed, she's just Ivy.

Not sure if this photo has the right angle for showing the shape of her pupil because I don't have my specs on, but at least it shows her eye!

View attachment 2965298

Well, I wondered if the "roadrunner" legbar type maybe had a predisposition to a different shaped pupil, or the ability to change it's shape. Ivy's got the head feathers!

Drumstick was a very handsome boy. :love His son is, also.:love I hope his offsping has the good personality, too. It is always so hard when you lose a good roo! I love watching them look after their ladies. My Randy was soooo good to the ladies - always alert, tidbitting, and sweet to them, too. I am sorry for your loss...they leave a hole in your heart AND in the flock!:hugs:hugs:hugs
Thank you and Drumsticks offspring are just as sweet, well, Raven and Blueberry with their antics are the exception. They are for the most part good hens, unless a egg is involved, then all bets are off with Raven. His 2 sons I kept are wonderful, and from those who have gotten back to me so are the sons of his I placed. My mom actually claims Basil is a better behaved boy then Drumstick, we will have to just disagree on that one. She is basing that off of when Drummie first started to take interest in the girls he was a little rough due to his inexperience. Basil has been gentle with them since day 1 when he became head rooster. Basil was also wonderful with the 2 late hatches of chicks as top boy. He really did benefit from the time he spent being his daddy's shadow and watching everything he did. Bubba is also a sweetheart and is gentle with what he perceives as his hens. He was really too young to test him around new chicks this fall and the momma's ran him off if he got close. Of the 2 boys Bubba is my favorite, simply because he likes me. Basil is Rosie's boy. I'm ok with that as she spent the time taming him while I focused on Squirrel when Momma hen was done raising them. I will say that as Basil gets older he looks more and more like his daddy. I both love and hate that, sometimes it hurts just looking at him.
Drumstick and the girls this past summer.
DSCN4292.JPG

Basil and his ladies the other day.
DSCN6052.JPG

And not the best shot of Bubba, he would not stand still.
DSCN6044.JPG
DSCN6071.JPG

Well, I wondered if the "roadrunner" legbar type maybe had a predisposition to a different shaped pupil, or the ability to change it's shape. Ivy's got the head feathers!
There's no way of knowing for sure, but I was told she was expected to frizzle but didn't, so I've always thought her hat was due to a touch of Silkie.

But she may have Legbar as Peggy came from the same breeder (another unfrizzled frizzle) and she lays blue eggs. Given Peggy's bling bling I'd always put her blue eggs down to Araucana as some of those show that gold feathering under the chin. But it could be down to Legbar.

Unfortunately with those two, it's all guesswork.

Back
Top Bottom