Non-chicken post! Tax please.
CAUGHT!

20210105_120554.jpg

I'm glad you favour hen hatches over incubator hatches.

Peggy and Ivy are co-parenting two fertile eggs expected to hatch Sunday-Tuesday. It's my first ever hatch and I'm a bit jumpy about it.
I had no idea, MJ! I have been MIA on here for a week or so. Now I really have to get my butt in gear and catch up on your thread, so exciting!

I'm not sure what your tax obligations are on this non-chicken post. I'll have to refer to the Minister for Fluffy Butt Taxation, @BY Bob ?
We need a tax payment for that @LozzyR as that is not a chicken even while it is an avian.

It was not a fluke, you used the best incubator on the market, a momma hen. I have yet to have a 100% hatch rate using the incubator. I have had a perfect hatch rate using a broody hen. With the incubator I hover constantly checking temps, humidity, making sure the turner is working, candling on schedule. With the hen, I leave her to it and focus on her. Making sure she comes off to eat and relieve herself and she does the rest. I'm going to be perfectly honest here and say something that I should smack myself over. I hope in the next week Chiquita goes broody. If she does I'm definitely giving her the eggs. It also solves the issues of me brooding them myself. Surely a hen that went broody 10 times last year will get with the program right?
I most sincerely hope she will for you. That would be amazing.

I had no idea, MJ! I have been MIA on here for a week or so. Now I really have to get my butt in gear and catch up on your thread, so exciting!
It's been thrilling and worriesome in equal measure :gig I'm sure to be much calmer for future hatches (I hope)!

Ah! I was going to let the mums defend the chicks and it's good to know you do that too.

I don't have a rooster but I'm sure we'll muddle along somehow.
You will have 2 mommas. That's 50% of your tribe. I think those odds are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom