How did she get there!

Phyllis is very diffferent physically from all of my other hens. Her wing to body ratio is much higher. Phyllis can hover like a helicopter. I have even seen her gain altitude while hovering. Such an event occurred yesterday with interesting results.

She was jumping down off her porch and she stumbled. Her immediate response was to start flying so she didn't land awkwardly. Well she gained altitude until she ran into the drop door and wound up standing on the backside of the door. She walked her way to the top of the door and there she was stuck.

View attachment 2968560

From this point the video below covers how she worked her way out of this predicament. Did BY Bob save her? Did Aurora yell at her until she got down? Did she land on Hattie? You'll have to watch to find out!

Maggie the one-footed ice chicken goes hop about.
She rushed the door this morning and headed for the south facing slope where the snow has mainly gone. I thought she was after greenery - but no, she is eating ice chips. That she can do that one-legged suggests her balance is fully back to normal.

A2C8C36D-19CF-4699-B768-286C1EAB7492.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom