Well, I have made up my mind. I have 4 perfectly good and properly stored Chiquita eggs sitting on my counter. Hopefully by this afternoon 5 seeing as how she lays a egg ever 2 days. I'm setting up the incubator this morning, and if it holds temp and humidity for several hours I am setting them tonight. I really cannot wait any longer for more eggs without pushing it on that first one. Who knows if they are even fertile as this time last year when I set my first batch of eggs in it my hens fertility was horrible. If these eggs turn out to be duds, I will wait until around march to set anymore eggs. With Chiquita's eggs being white, I will know for sure by day 7 if they are duds.

In Memorium

2 years ago today I buried one of my best friends. I will never forget her. I have have been lucky enough to have some very special chickens over the years and Maleficent was one of the best. Her death to an unknown predator while I was sick will forever rest on my conscience. Rest in peace my friend.

View attachment 2973123View attachment 2973124View attachment 2973125View attachment 2973126View attachment 2973127View attachment 2973128View attachment 2973129View attachment 2973130View attachment 2973131View attachment 2973132View attachment 2973133View attachment 2973134View attachment 2973135View attachment 2973136View attachment 2973137

@Ribh, @micstrachan, @MaryJanet, @Aussie-Chookmum, @ChicoryBlue, @LozzyR, @Chicken poppy
Not only was she beautiful, but she was also a calm, collected lady - and smart. I guess you could say she was the 'whole enchilada'!:love:love

Hugs, @BY Bob :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Hattie and Betty Meet

Hattie and Betty just had a "get to know each other" moment at the door a few minutes ago. It seemed to go very well.

No surprises there for the Hattie fans among us!
Is the metallic clanging sound them knocking their beaks on the hardware cloth?

Well, I have made up my mind. I have 4 perfectly good and properly stored Chiquita eggs sitting on my counter. Hopefully by this afternoon 5 seeing as how she lays a egg ever 2 days. I'm setting up the incubator this morning, and if it holds temp and humidity for several hours I am setting them tonight. I really cannot wait any longer for more eggs without pushing it on that first one. Who knows if they are even fertile as this time last year when I set my first batch of eggs in it my hens fertility was horrible. If these eggs turn out to be duds, I will wait until around march to set anymore eggs. With Chiquita's eggs being white, I will know for sure by day 7 if they are duds.
I will be praying for your success. šŸ‘

Back
Top Bottom