Can It Possibly be True? Am I Really Seeing This?!

After everything the tribe here at FBA has been through over the past several months I have been so afraid that this integration of Betty and Phyllis would go sideways on us. So much so I almost turned her down when Betty was offered to me. Well guess what I just saw on the camera........

@Ribh @micstrachan @MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum @ChicoryBlue @LozzyR @Chicken poppy
Wonderful! That looks pretty peaceful. I did not receive a notification for the tag.

Little naked Dotty is holed up in a dog crate in the garage. It is 35 degrees in there. I made her a little roost out of some scrap 2x4 and the crate is half covered by a blanket so I think she is warm enough.
Predictably she did peck me when I picked her up but she was half asleep so it wasn't too bad.
I noticed she is very skinny as well as naked. She has been eating but maybe not as much as usual.
I feel so bad for her.
I am hoping the others will be OK out in the Chicken Palace as they do have all their feathers. It is forecast to go down to 8 degrees F.
When I’ve had skinny, molting chickens, I’ve been known to sneak them a snack on the roost while wearing a headlamp. Just sayin!

Now why didn’t I think if that for a roost bar?
I am such an idiot spending time fixing bits of scrap lumber together when I could have done that.
:th
You should have asked! This is not my first rodeo. I've had to bring chickens in the house before.

Of course, I could have offered too. I'm sorry. :oops:

I daresay, I think you you might successfully integrate a single hen successfully!
I'm praying that it is so.

I've kind of done this, integrated a single hen, twice before. Once with Elphie and once with Daisy, the greatest hen ever. Those were one to one integrations which is what I created here by isolating the two of them. I sure hope that it holds up.

In Memorium

2 years ago today I buried one of my best friends. I will never forget her. I have have been lucky enough to have some very special chickens over the years and Maleficent was one of the best. Her death to an unknown predator while I was sick will forever rest on my conscience. Rest in peace my friend.

View attachment 2973123View attachment 2973124View attachment 2973125View attachment 2973126View attachment 2973127View attachment 2973128View attachment 2973129View attachment 2973130View attachment 2973131View attachment 2973132View attachment 2973133View attachment 2973134View attachment 2973135View attachment 2973136View attachment 2973137

@Ribh, @micstrachan, @MaryJanet, @Aussie-Chookmum, @ChicoryBlue, @LozzyR, @Chicken poppy
Awww… Mal. ❤️❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom