I do not want to get my hopes up, or "count my chickens before they hatch," but hopefully that is the plan. Now here is the comical part of the whole incubation situation. I mentioned yesterday I was getting side eye and dirty looks when I was setting up the incubator. This morning while me and mom are having coffee our conversation went like this...
Mom: So did you load up the incubator?
Me: Nope, just put in the 5 silkie eggs.
Mom: hmm...so if they hatch, they will be her color or white?
Me: Yes, why?
Mom: Well, it would not hurt to have another hen her color we need 2 chicks to hatch.
Me: Really, well you know I may be wasting my time trying to hatch these eggs.
Mom: Actually, with your luck on hatching off boys we need all 5 eggs to hatch.

Thanks for the vote of confidence mother :smack
Cockerel heaven at you place. 😆

I finally did the impossible. All the chooks in the same picture:
B1C146F6-F7A5-47DD-BEE8-21190240F094.jpeg

I know some of you want to be tagged so you don't have to read through all the chit chat but can find out the main activities at FBA, what I am unclear on is why tagging is better than watching the thread?
I watch without e-mail and just scan the notifications bell and dive in when something is interesting - eg when @BY Bob posts.
Well, for FBA I actually follow everything, but that is what I do for a number of other threads and it works out fine.
Am I missing something? Feels like that might just be an easier approach.
I can't tell from the notifications bell when @BY Bob is replying to a regular post from someone or has posted news, or is there more to it?

I can't tell from the notifications bell when @BY Bob is replying to a regular post from someone or has posted news, or is there more to it?
I'm trying to tag certain people so they get this notification but it is failing and not sending out the notification.
Screenshot_20220127-190035_Chrome.jpg

I'm trying to tag certain people so they get this notification but it is failing and not sending out the notification.
View attachment 2974900
Well we are talking about two different "notifications" - the emails where I can often see the content posted, and the "alerts" bell-shaped icon at the top taskbar area, where I can see if something is a reply or a quote or a mention. Are the "mentions" the new posts with the tags in them then?
PS Notification to the tax-man and guilty parties: I'm up to page 7769 and there is excessive chat, pages of chat, about lasagna, involving several posters :old And I don't see that it is even chicken lasagna, which probably would belong in some "Recipes" 🍗 thread instead :lau, though there are references to Italian vs American, so maybe they could tie that into a discussion of Leghorn breeds 🐔 , but so far no mention of Leghorns, it's strictly pasta and fillings, potential chicken food but not really about chickens, living or dead. The chatters know who they are, so I hope to see A TON OF TAX DUE in the next several pages please. :old

Well we are talking about two different "notifications" - the emails where I can often see the content posted, and the "alerts" bell-shaped icon at the top taskbar area, where I can see if something is a reply or a quote or a mention. Are the "mentions" the new posts with the tags in them then?
PS Notification to the tax-man and guilty parties: I'm up to page 7769 and there is excessive chat, pages of chat, about lasagna, involving several posters :old And I don't see that it is even chicken lasagna, which probably would belong in some "Recipes" 🍗 thread instead :lau, though there are references to Italian vs American, so maybe they could tie that into a discussion of Leghorn breeds 🐔 , but so far no mention of Leghorns, it's strictly pasta and fillings, potential chicken food but not really about chickens, living or dead. The chatters know who they are, so I hope to see A TON OF TAX DUE in the next several pages please. :old
I ate the lasagna and I paid for it in taxes!:old

The"mentions" are new posts with the tags in them. @ChicoryBlue

It is indeed very dramatic. I don't understand why her molt is so late this year. It makes no sense and I have never heard of a hen molting in January before. Not that it hasn't happened but I never heard of it.
I hope it isn't something else and more worrying. I have only two facts: first is that she absolutely did not molt earlier in the year, and second she is leaving feathers everywhere. So in the hope that common things are common I am assuming it is a mis-timed annual molt.
I will keep watching her closely and bringing her in when it falls below the teens at night. I hope it is just a simple molt and she regrows those feathers soon.
:fl

I hope it isn't something else and more worrying. I have only two facts: first is that she absolutely did not molt earlier in the year, and second she is leaving feathers everywhere. So in the hope that common things are common I am assuming it is a mis-timed annual molt.
I will keep watching her closely and bringing her in when it falls below the teens at night. I hope it is just a simple molt and she regrows those feathers soon.
:fl
It looks like a simple molt. You can be sure when the feathers start to regrow.

Back
Top Bottom