Here is one of many reasons the Hooligans must leave their happy little nursery.
They are just too big!

View attachment 3109902
RC, I'm having trouble staying abreast of your tribe but if I understand things you have allowed the little hooligans access to the coop proper & they are getting used to it. Give them a couple of days & then block of the baby hut. They will be used to the coop & not fuss quite as much ~ which is how I've done it the last few times I've integrated. There is always a little fuss. Your big girls will probably object some but it will settle quickly. I think you are doing really well & your girls have you beautifully trained. 🤣:hugs

@rural mouse I am about to hit 6000, which is also about 2/3 of the existing posts.

Here are some babies about 3 hours old (chicken math is real...)

View attachment 3109861
Welcome!

Oh babies 💖💖💖💖 oh how I wish I could have babies, but alas, it's not in the cards....

So I now live vicariously through those with babies! Meanwhile my silkie Curly McNugget has been broody for about 4 days now, and I keep having thoughts of throwing eggs under her 🤗

RC, I'm having trouble staying abreast of your tribe but if I understand things you have allowed the little hooligans access to the coop proper & they are getting used to it. Give them a couple of days & then block of the baby hut. They will be used to the coop & not fuss quite as much ~ which is how I've done it the last few times I've integrated. There is always a little fuss. Your big girls will probably object some but it will settle quickly. I think you are doing really well & your girls have you beautifully trained. 🤣:hugs
@Ribh

Hahaha yep you have that right!

There was a study done with horses, and it was found that they could communicate that they were cold and wanted a blanket...

I thought to myself: wth well all they had to do was ask any horse owner we could have told the scientists that!! They have us well trained.

Now I have chickens who are way smarter than horses, and way more cunning, they have me trained to give treats, let them roam, put up the warming heater.... They yakkity yak they talk back !

Back
Top Bottom