Yes I know what you mean, she is really snowy white hahaha. She tends to take up 2/3 of my queen size bed, she keeps me up at nigjt, she uses her feet to push me off the bed!!

Oh I was wondering why you were up at 4am (I think..) your time 😊 hope it's not a Moggy keeping you up!
When my eyes adjusted I could make her out. ;) we have to forgive out cute furry friends. I swear but always love them far more than be annoyed, in all they are great company aren't they ♥

No, I wake up and don't know why but several times I have found that my neighbour makes movements on my ceiling as he has a strange sleeping pattern 😳. He doesn't live the healthiest of life maybe that's what his problem is. He's not intentionally causing me to wake so again he's forgiven

Could have been a transformer blowing. We have one in our neighborhood that blows about 3 times a year. It has always done that and due to its location it always lights up my room when it blows in the middle of the night and can wake me out of a dead sleep. Thankfully we are on the other transformer so we do not loose power, but half the neighborhood is out. About 3 years ago it caught fire when it blew and they had to replace the whole thing. Thought that may have been a permanent fix, but nope it made it about 5 months before it blew again.
That’s possible, but there are no reports of power outage around here. :idunno

Good morning all! It's Pony Sunday 😊

Yesterday morning when I checked the barn cams before doing morning chores I had to play 'Find Waldo', I forgot to put the snap on Truly's stall door latch and of course she know how to open the door and escaped....

At least she has stopped dragging everything around the barn when she escapes 😊

Ok Truly were are you?
View attachment 3108642

There you are! Get back in your stall!
View attachment 3108643
Waldo told me he's searching for the brandy bucket 🥴

Could have been a transformer blowing. We have one in our neighborhood that blows about 3 times a year. It has always done that and due to its location it always lights up my room when it blows in the middle of the night and can wake me out of a dead sleep. Thankfully we are on the other transformer so we do not loose power, but half the neighborhood is out. About 3 years ago it caught fire when it blew and they had to replace the whole thing. Thought that may have been a permanent fix, but nope it made it about 5 months before it blew again.
Sounds like it is under powered for the load it carries...or something is causing surges...or something like that. One would think the power company would address it permanently. That can't be good for business nor the bottom line, replacing it so often! However, probably a really good thing it blows instead of having an electrical fire somewhere down the line!

Good morning Everyone, here are some photos of my gals

Lulu is 20 yrs old she is a snowcap Pony-of-the-americas
View attachment 3108695

Sally is 22 she still a a roan Pony-of-the-americas
View attachment 3108696

Truly is 20 yrs old and am Arabian
View attachment 3108698

Reenie is 21 yrs old and she is a thoroughbred. Silly girl got the ear on her fly mask off some how, it protects their ears free m blackflies.
View attachment 3108697

There it's fixed
View attachment 3108699

And my gals out for some free ranging ( they need rounding up they are over on my neighbours!)
View attachment 3108701

View attachment 3108703

Some visitors, Canada Geese flying into my neighbours back yard.
View attachment 3108705
Wow. What a wonderful life you have there ❤

Sounds like it is under powered for the load it carries...or something is causing surges...or something like that. One would think the power company would address it permanently. That can't be good for business nor the bottom line, replacing it so often! However, probably a really good thing it blows instead of having an electrical fire somewhere down the line!
We have plenty of electrical fires in this little town. Many burn-downs and no one has rebuilt any of them. :(

They are! Whoever has said chickens are 'dumb' or 'stupid' or 'bird brained'( in a derogatory way) Really have not spent any time with them! They are smart, crafty, curious (though cautious around new things - understandable given they are prey animals), and can be quite determined little buggers! :lau

I have a 'safe pen' attached/inside an 'extended pen. The extended pen is surrounded on 3 sides by 5' chainlink fence. My determined - though heavier dual purpose BR - would manage to fly to the top of the 5' fence. So, I had some snow fence (green). With the help of some fiberglass rods, I put the 4' snow fence on top of the chainlink fence, overlapping ~ 1'. So, the fence was now ~ 7' tall (2+ meters), AND, the snow fence is 'wobbly'. Well, they still wanted out...and after just 2 days...a handful have learned to launch themselves AT the top of the 5' chainlink fence. Their 'thrust' pushes the snow fence enough so they can sort of land on top of the chainlink fence...then they 'fly-walk' up the snowfence, and hop over!:barnie:barnie:barnie

The sooner I am able to expand the pen and put in an 8' fence (plus cover) the better!!:th
That is some determination for certain. Wow! I would roof everything. 😆

Quick update.
There was no predawn attack by Dotty and the Hooligans got themselves back down to their ground floor apartment without incident. As I came in to the Chicken Palace they all spilled out into the main area right in front of a very grump Maggie (grumpy because her nest box was occupied). She just gave them a stern look and they got out of her way. Feels like we are getting closer to integration.
Minnie is still poorly. She keeps shaking her head. I don’t see any discharge but I wonder if she has an ear infection. I have emailed vet to ask about that and I won’t do anything until we have the fecal sample back, but does anyone have experience of chickens getting ear infections?
This is an interesting thought. I do not have any experience with them but I'm certain they must get them. Maybe around of antibiotics is all she needs. If so, get the extended release so you don't have to dose her every day.

Back
Top Bottom