Mr. Attitude bit me five times as I was putting the chooks away just now. I’m okay, but that little squirt can bite hard when he wants to. (I think he has been instructing his ladies how to bite too) :idunno Or maybe, I taste like steak 🥩 to them?:drool (Time to go lick my wounds)
Oh no, are you ok? I know exactly how that feels, and while I miss Pangoo I do not miss his aggression, and I still show the marks of those hard bites.

I would say it's Spring time and he is feeling his oats - are your gals going broody at all? Will you let them hatch eggs if they do?

Good morning all! It's +8C and raining here.

Last evening I managed to catch Rose enjoying a sip from the mud puddle - Mmmmmm yummy!
IMG_20220518_171344.jpg

And Curly taking. Broody break to also sample the tasty water
IMG_20220517_170328.jpg

Quick update.
There was no predawn attack by Dotty and the Hooligans got themselves back down to their ground floor apartment without incident. As I came in to the Chicken Palace they all spilled out into the main area right in front of a very grump Maggie (grumpy because her nest box was occupied). She just gave them a stern look and they got out of her way. Feels like we are getting closer to integration.
Minnie is still poorly. She keeps shaking her head. I don’t see any discharge but I wonder if she has an ear infection. I have emailed vet to ask about that and I won’t do anything until we have the fecal sample back, but does anyone have experience of chickens getting ear infections?
Are her ears gunky? River had gunky ears that we couldn’t seem to shift. We think the candida infection in her throat spread to her inner ears.

Is blu-kite still available in the USA. I haven’t been able to get any since 2019 here and it’s my absolute favourite go to for injuries (and yes, I’ve hit myself with it too :oops: not always accidentally) I love it
Yes it is. Why is it not in Canada?

Back
Top Bottom