Thanks. But “there’s a bathroom on the right”? :th
We actually did a gig in a house den where folks had to go stage left (right from the audience's point of view) through a corner of our setup to get to the bathroom, and yes, that's exactly what our singer sang (while pointing) when he did that song. Soon everybody was singing along... 🤣

We actually did a gig in a house den where folks had to go stage left (right from the audience's point of view) through a corner of our setup to get to the bathroom, and yes, that's exactly what our singer sang (while pointing) when he did that song. Soon everybody was singing along... 🤣
:lau:gig

Quick update.
Minnie survived the night so is off to the vet this morning.
Under cover of darkness Dotty flew over from the main roost and attacked the Hooligans. They were of course trapped because they were up high and against the door of the brooder. I will post video of the attack later so you guys can tell me how savage you think it was.
I have put the Hooligans down in the relative safety of their ground floor apartment. They can access the rest of the coop but the big Princesses in theory can’t get in. I don’t think any of them is seriously injured.

Here is the video of the attack. You don’t need to watch it all to see the basic events. Not nice! A tad more persistent than what she does to my ankles. Mean Dotty!

Dotty went for their ankles too! Reading on to see if she drew blood. Didn't appear too bad, but hard to gauge how hard she was hitting them. How long did this go on for?

I have. The friendly ones do tend to go off on their own frequently. Now I will say that Betty goes off on her own frequently but not to see me.

The thing about Betty is she was full grown when she came here. The others who are tamed, will not let her come and spend time with me. If I'm out there they all cluster around and if I would try to tame Betty with some food, they would all push her out of the way. It is essentially impossible to sneak for past Aurora and now that she is in charge, the tribe comes with her.

In Betty's defense, she knows her name. She comes when called just like Phyllis. So if she is off on her own, I can call her to me. I just don't know if we will ever have the opportunity to develop a relationship where she is comfortable eating out of my hand like everyone else.
She needs some alone time training with you, or a situation where there is a divider that you are in the middle of and can bar access through yet reach both sides, like the doorway between the Cluckle Hut and the Fluffy Hut?
I sometimes use my arm and hold off one Buckeye in order to get a treat to one other...Today I wanted them to all get equal calcium mash balls, and all the Buckeyes were eager for them, it has been three days. They have sort of figured out the times when I dole these out one at a time and everyone gets their turn by name. But sometimes an enterprising hen (Popcorn) will try to grab it out of my hand before the other can get it, especially when the other is a little slower/hesitant, as Hazel generally is. The arm barring the way worked, and was understood.

Caturday contribution, my neighbors kitty had kittens.
(I’m attempting to stay involved with caturday) 6C5470EB-3350-4EE6-A53D-629310682699.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom