So, this is my Caturday contribution...Cleo lurking in the background:
View attachment 3117221

On these pics of Ms. Mystery Chick, you can see the brown coloring on her hackles. (where it should be white...)View attachment 3117222
View attachment 3117223View attachment 3117224

So, barring similar to a Cuckoo Marans, a bit of Lulu (head crest), and some brown on the hackles. I'm guessing EE, Cuckoo Marans X Cream Legbar (possibly their lakeshore egger, but she definitely doesn't have a beard (yet, anyways)

She is friendly and sweet. Whatever she is, she is loved!❤️❤️❤️
She is downright adorable! 🥰

She may not ever be snuggly, but she will probably calm down a lot more, and I bet you can get her to eat from your hand
It is a challenge to me that I accept. I will try all I can to get her comfortable with me. Of course it is always up to her.

This is oddly reassuring to me. Even with a bum leg Bernadette was able to escape.

Dotty does have a little T Rex in her. I love the jump on the stump and vocalize after the chase. Reminds me of this.

I am really glad to see Bernie get away. First steps to integration successfully under way.

Fluffy is making sure that I am sending my nasty-gram emails to those who frustrated me yesterday from work... On my vacation day....

Ok whining rant here is Fluffy:
IMG_20220521_081047.jpg

She needs some alone time training with you, or a situation where there is a divider that you are in the middle of and can bar access through yet reach both sides, like the doorway between the Cluckle Hut and the Fluffy Hut?
I sometimes use my arm and hold off one Buckeye in order to get a treat to one other...Today I wanted them to all get equal calcium mash balls, and all the Buckeyes were eager for them, it has been three days. They have sort of figured out the times when I dole these out one at a time and everyone gets their turn by name. But sometimes an enterprising hen (Popcorn) will try to grab it out of my hand before the other can get it, especially when the other is a little slower/hesitant, as Hazel generally is. The arm barring the way worked, and was understood.
She does need some alone time for this to happen. But when food is involved it is hard to keep Aurora away and from bullying everyone else. I need to be creative and create situations for us to be alone with food.

I also need to be more deliberate about it as well.

Dotty does have a little T Rex in her. I love the jump on the stump and vocalize after the chase. Reminds me of this.

I am really glad to see Bernie get away. First steps to integration successfully under way.
I was thinking of that exactly! Her triumphant stand 😊

Back
Top Bottom