Coat in flour and fried then make milk gravy with the leavings, serve with big ole cat head biscuits. 😁
My daughter loves Squirrel gravy and biscuits. Me, not so much. It is ok though, me and dad make sure she gets at least one mess of Squirrels a year and her aunt makes it for her. I will hunt them, clean them, but I will not eat the tree rats.

Are you able to source some ivermectin, or did the whole you know which Virus craziness make it unavailable in your area? We have to order through a vet now, then I “borrow” the almost empty cattle pour on from the farm.

Speaking of viruses the Bird flu has hit the lower mainland here hard with a Turkey farm and several other smaller poultry flocks reporting cases and being culled (4000 turkeys 😢 what a waste, I know they were going to be dinners anyways…) and it’s tourist season, our bio security sucks. I caught two sets of trespassers yesterday (which amounts to “you know you’re on private property and this isn’t a road right?” “Next time asks before you decide to bicycle trough someone’s yard (FFS 😡🤦‍♀️😡!) you might want to ask them first?” We could have people doing active pest control on the goats with firearms…)
This is awful. Do you have signs up on the road that it is private property? I will post it for certain.

My daughter loves Squirrel gravy and biscuits. Me, not so much. It is ok though, me and dad make sure she gets at least one mess of Squirrels a year and her aunt makes it for her. I will hunt them, clean them, but I will not eat the tree rats.
I prefer grouse cooked in the same way but they were getting hard to find when I last hunted in Kentucky.

Some
Well, as we know, in the chicken world friendship only goes so far.
These two Hooligans have been pushing the boundaries in exploring the Chicken Palace. Bernadette was unable to follow and was left behind on her own, bleating piteously.
These two got thoroughly pecked by Dotty and were in a complete panic. Bella pretty much crashed broadside into Maggie who just ignored her.
They are all now back at Hooligan HQ having a snack.
Unfortunately they seem to be losing interest in the mash I make them, so I need to rethink how to super dose the vitamin B2 as the mash has been my secret weapon.
View attachment 3118799
I know they look huge in this picture. Like full sized chickens. But even next to Minnie they are still quite tiny.

In other developments, Bella is growing a fine set of muffs and I think also a beard. It is almost impossible to get a good picture to share as there is an incorrigible photobomber on the team. Here is the best I have. WDYT?

View attachment 3118804View attachment 3118807View attachment 3118808View attachment 3118811
Hens just know a camera. 😆

I'm excited to see her beard and muffs as they come in. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom