I e been wanting to put up signs since we arrived, before we got chickens even. The top of the ridge Andrew’s second Cousin has a beautiful cabin built by his Father that has become an Instagram hiking/bicycle attraction. Like, people literally walk right up to the cabin and take pictures of themselves on his deck 🤦‍♀️ I mean there’s being tolerant and forgiving and all but that’s someone’s clearly private property! I mean think about walking down the street to your neighbours house and taking a selfie in their deck? Also they aren’t supposed to be bicycling in parks here! Friday afternoon I watched about 5 of the bike along the ridge. 1: against Park regulations or 2: your on private property without permission and 3: stupidly UNSAFE! It’s either wet and muddy or crispy dry grasses that are like a skating rink. One day someone is going to have a very bad accident.View attachment 3118912
And note my awesome water collection hack (lol yup a funnel and garden hose filling my trailer tank when it rains from a salvaged gutter)
What is wrong with people? I mean seriously. Andrew's cousin needs to sit on the porch one day with a shotgun in his lap. Unloaded is fine. People would get the idea and word would spread quickly. Some simple respect for crying out loud.

I do love the funnel! Nice job.

Broody moms and babies
20220522_150419.jpg
20220522_150444.jpg
20220522_150538.jpg
20220522_150349.jpg

Proud and a little Sad

Phyllis got up off the nest today to eat, drink, poo, and bathe. Many you will remember that last year when she was broody she would not leave the nest on her own. I had to lift her off every day or she would not leave.

I'm very proud that she is doing the right things this time.

I did not realize how much I was looking forward to taking he off the nest every day. I'm actually a little sad.

Here she is getting up.

And here she is bathing with a friend. Our at least someone who seems to want to be her friend even if Phyllis is maybe not too crazy about her.

I have been dragging Curly off her butt a couple times a day, she eats, poops, wallows in dirt, threatens everyone and then gets back on her golfballs 🤗.

She loses too much weight otherwise... Silly hormones! But I am glad she is taken an egg break.

Proud and a little Sad

Phyllis got up off the nest today to eat, drink, poo, and bathe. Many you will remember that last year when she was broody she would not leave the nest on her own. I had to lift her off every day or she would not leave.

I'm very proud that she is doing the right things this time.

I did not realize how much I was looking forward to taking he off the nest every day. I'm actually a little sad.

Here she is getting up.

And here she is bathing with a friend. Our at least someone who seems to want to be her friend even if Phyllis is maybe not too crazy about her.

She will win Phyllis over eventually !
What is it with bathing chickens? 🤗🤗

Back
Top Bottom