It's mates have moved on but we have some Guinea fowl hatching in a few days so we can see if it bonds with them.
You know, if it bonds with one or two of it's mates, the mates might lead it around. No experience with this, but seeing how @RoyalChick 's hatchmates hang around Bernadette most of the time, it might happen?It's

Hello everyone. This has been a busy and stressful week and I am over 100 pages behind. I marked where I left off and will go back and catch up but I wanted to share 2 things with you.

First off, she did it, my baby girl is now in high school. I did not think we would survive as she came down with a ear infection and sinus infection Sunday with so many pre grad activities left. Thankfully we pulled through and she is on the mend. Nerves was also getting to her as she and 3 of her classmates had to do the pledge during the ceremony. There were 63 students in her graduating class and she was 1 of 8 with a 4.0. I've told her besides taking care of her horse, she has the whole summer to relax and enjoy herself, she's earned it.
DSCN7730.JPG
DSCN7741.JPG
DSCN7746.JPG

Next, Bunny is a momma again. 2 of her 3 eggs hatched yesterday afternoon. I also got a shock when I was checking the chicks. I would have swore to you all that Branch was not able to breed the big girls. He tries but always falls off unsuccessfully or they girls shake him off and chase him. Well, I was wrong, and to Rosie's delight he got lucky once and we have a "Twig". No mistaken it is a Branch baby as it has the 5 silkie toes. The other chick is a full Marans and a Holly baby. Due to her history, and what I'm seeing, I'm taking a chance and calling it a boy.
DSCN7755.JPG
DSCN7760.JPG

Twig is in front and a very suspicious boy looking Maran in the back.
DSCN7761.JPG
DSCN7764.JPG
DSCN7765.JPG
DSCN7767.JPG

Hello everyone. This has been a busy and stressful week and I am over 100 pages behind. I marked where I left off and will go back and catch up but I wanted to share 2 things with you.

First off, she did it, my baby girl is now in high school. I did not think we would survive as she came down with a ear infection and sinus infection Sunday with so many pre grad activities left. Thankfully we pulled through and she is on the mend. Nerves was also getting to her as she and 3 of her classmates had to do the pledge during the ceremony. There were 63 students in her graduating class and she was 1 of 8 with a 4.0. I've told her besides taking care of her horse, she has the whole summer to relax and enjoy herself, she's earned it.
View attachment 3125734View attachment 3125740View attachment 3125741
Next, Bunny is a momma again. 2 of her 3 eggs hatched yesterday afternoon. I also got a shock when I was checking the chicks. I would have swore to you all that Branch was not able to breed the big girls. He tries but always falls off unsuccessfully or they girls shake him off and chase him. Well, I was wrong, and to Rosie's delight he got lucky once and we have a "Twig". No mistaken it is a Branch baby as it has the 5 silkie toes. The other chick is a full Marans and a Holly baby. Due to her history, and what I'm seeing, I'm taking a chance and calling it a boy.
View attachment 3125751View attachment 3125752
View attachment 3125753View attachment 3125758View attachment 3125759View attachment 3125760
Way to go Branch! :thumbsup Big man!

View attachment 3125751View attachment 3125752
View attachment 3125753View attachment 3125758View attachment 3125759View attachment 3125760
Way to go Branch! “Twig” ❤️❤️❤️ And yes, for a new chick… that’s a mighty masculine looking little face in the back there!

Last edited:

View attachment 3125734View attachment 3125740View attachment 3125741
Congratulations Rosie! High school… wow time flies and next thing it will be College or University… 4.0 is a huge achievement.

Back
Top Bottom