AGAIN!

I do not know how it happened but Betty wound up in the pool again yesterday. Here i am getting her out.

This is where I get worried with the Polish. Normally if someone falls in the pool the tribe alarms. I know the call they make and beat feet. Betty must have been off on her own as the Polish are prone to do. With Phyllis setting she is on her own a lot.

There was no alarm. I actually thought I heard a splash and it took a while for it to sink into my head that maybe something or someone fell into the pool.

Well s you can see by the end of the video. It wasn't that long and Betty was already suffering the effects of hypothermia.

So into the house she came.

View attachment 3126975View attachment 3126976

She did get to meet Davis. So there is that.
View attachment 3126977

She enjoyed some TV, warmed up, and back out she went just in time for a big thunderstorm to come through! 😱
Oh dear, poor Betty! Yes, her poor little body sure did look hypothermic. Scary!

I've been worried about Bob's pool for a long time. You can imagine how worried he gets each summer! Especially as little Dusty drowned in the pool that time.
I've lost two chickens to the pool. First was so fat that nothing could be done. Elphie was because I went inside to take a phone call and it was November. The water was ice cold. :(

20210131_105955.jpg

SHRA Tax for the hen determines sex question:

Addendum I have been trying to upload this since I made the comment almost 😵‍💫 and I swear if I get to 89% and it fails one more time I’m posting as is!
I hear you, best time for me to post stuff is early morning and middle of the night!

Are you 100% certain of this, I thought it was the hen. I have one hen that I hatched out eggs from and 100% cockerels. She is my only Columbian Rock and she was in with Chickie Hawk. Her eggs were significantly lighter than all the other girls in there at the time and out of the 12 eggs I set from her it was 100% boys, but about 50/50 in the other hens…
Well others are correcting me saying female dictates!

See all the things I am learning about chickens 😁

Back
Top Bottom