Tina said she wants beads and a handbag too, now you have started something off here Bob
20220621_150631.jpg

It is summer now which means stalls get cleaned after 11 at night when it is cool. Once they were done Rosie was letting Russ pick a little bit. Next thing I know she hands me the lead rope and says she needs to run inside to get something. She comes back out wearing her helmet and turns the lead rope into a bridle and hops on him. Why not, she's desperately needed some fun the last few months and what better way to have it then riding your horse bareback at 2 am. 20 minutes later she rides up to me and asked me to hop on behind her. I should have said no, my back cannot take it anymore. What did I do, climbed up behind her and we rode Russ until after 3:30 this morning. I'm not moving too well this morning but that is ok. Even with my back screaming I have not been this happy in months. Hard physical labor outside, time with the animals and my daughter are doing wonders for me emotionally.
Oh I know it's so awesome, here I am sitting getting eaten by mosquitoes, enjoying the sounds of the chickens babbling, and the horses munching on hay.

And you know the old saying:

There is nothing so good for the inside of a man (woman) as the outside of a horse

🤗

(My back is also protesting my riding Truly last night)

IMG_20220624_180943.jpg

Last Friday and Saturday it was pouring rain and barely 60° .
Today is supposed to be 85 and the weekend into the 90's, guess someone turned summer on.
This has been my project the last few days
Before:View attachment 3161605
After
View attachment 3161607
The big drapy plant in the middle is a huge collard gree stalk covered in seed pods. Another day or two of sun should dry them enough to harvest. The little fence under it holds a winter squash.
The mostly completed new patio
View attachment 3161609
And now i have to go take new chickens pics 🙂
That looks great!

Another Name in the Books

Lady Polish has a name.

View attachment 3161916View attachment 3161917View attachment 3161918View attachment 3161919View attachment 3161920View attachment 3161921View attachment 3161922

Gucci

Yes, we broke with the tradition of female comedians. We toyed with Gilda and Lucy but they did not seem right for her.

She is already a camera hog photo bombing everyone else's pictures so a fashion name seemed to suit her better.
Could it at least be 'Lady Gucci'??? She seems like she will be a stunning Lady as well, even if she is a spotlight hog (after all, aren't most of the glamour girls anyways??)

Thanks for asking, Lauren. Not so good. No improvement, and his appetite is starting to wane, too, now. If I hold him, he will eat about 1/2 of what he should, but if I put the dish where he can reach it (when not holding him), he will look at it, then turn his head away without so much as one bite/peck. When I took care of him this morning, I picked him up and he just laid his head against me and closed his eyes. I think he is giving up. (Not that I can blame him - it has been horrible watching him slowly decline) :hit
Oh I am sorry to hear he hasn't improved, wee fella 😥

I will check for an update tomorrow.

Another Name in the Books

Lady Polish has a name.

View attachment 3161916View attachment 3161917View attachment 3161918View attachment 3161919View attachment 3161920View attachment 3161921View attachment 3161922

Gucci

Yes, we broke with the tradition of female comedians. We toyed with Gilda and Lucy but they did not seem right for her.

She is already a camera hog photo bombing everyone else's pictures so a fashion name seemed to suit her better.
Oh so adorable 💖

All of them so lovely 🤗 oh I wish I could get some babies under my broodies boohoo.

I’m kinda disappointed that I couldn’t get the car on the first of July. I’m looking forward to having it soon. There’s a guy down the road that loves old 90-93 Lexus sedans (I was going to give the old chicken Lexus to him) I don’t want to bother fixing it’s transmission anyways. I think that the Matrix will do just fine for the chooks, and Jaffar!
Tax: D6A4CDFF-6B9E-425C-BF1D-1858EFD5C5DB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom