Would he like to come visit my ladies for a couple weeks ? ❤️
He probably would feel right at home in your barn and enjoy himself.
But there are conditions...
1. Treats must be offered, not so he can eat them mind you. He will only eat 1 or 2 bites, he needs them to impress the ladies with and show that he is a good provider.
2. He is a little alarm clock. His crow does not carry, but he starts at 6 am on the dot. He does not care if it is the weekend or a weekday, 6 am he is waking you up. Once he is let out of the coop, he shuts up and you rarely hear him the rest of the day unless you encourage him.
3. He enjoys long cuddles and be it inside in your arms while you have coffee, or watch tv, or even outside just sitting. His day is not complete unless he gets to take a minimum of a 30 minute nap in your arms while you rub him all over.
4. And this one is very important. He MUST be returned, no permanent visits. I'm sure mom would do cartwheels if she thought Branch was leaving. Branch is my boy and my favorite and very special to me.

Quite a few people have to give up. You most certainly may join in. I need to type up a synopsis for new comers. Give me a bit and I will work something up for you so you can jump right in. While I'm doing that, tell us about you and introduce your chickens to us, preferably with photos please.
I live in Texas and I have 1 black Australorp named Scuffle, 2 Buff orpingtons named Emerald and Shaker, 2 New Hampshire Reds named Willhemina (Willa) and Cuddlebug, a Black Silkie Bantam Cockerel named Bootleg, a Rhode Island Red named Theodore (I am not sure if he/she is male or female, if she is a girl Theodora or boy, Theodore.), a Barred Rock named Shelly, and a White Cochin Bantam Cockerel named Buddy.

I took Dakota back to the coop, but she would have none of that. She followed me back to the door, blocked me in, and pecked my foot. It was obvious that she wanted to go back inside the house, not stay with the others. :barnie
C7651DA4-9EC0-4E22-B757-3D0B0D6C1BEB.jpeg

He probably would feel right at home in your barn and enjoy himself.
But there are conditions...
1. Treats must be offered, not so he can eat them mind you. He will only eat 1 or 2 bites, he needs them to impress the ladies with and show that he is a good provider.
2. He is a little alarm clock. His crow does not carry, but he starts at 6 am on the dot. He does not care if it is the weekend or a weekday, 6 am he is waking you up. Once he is let out of the coop, he shuts up and you rarely hear him the rest of the day unless you encourage him.
3. He enjoys long cuddles and be it inside in your arms while you have coffee, or watch tv, or even outside just sitting. His day is not complete unless he gets to take a minimum of a 30 minute nap in your arms while you rub him all over.
4. And this one is very important. He MUST be returned, no permanent visits. I'm sure mom would do cartwheels if she thought Branch was leaving. Branch is my boy and my favorite and very special to me.
Branch! :love

The most heart warming thing for me was how the entire tribe supported her efforts to hatch this time. They all gave her eggs and no one raised a beak to her the whole time.
How does that work - do they wait for her to go off the nest once a day and zip in there to lay in that box? Or was there a doubling up without fighting so someone could lay in the box while she's there sitting? :idunno

Back
Top Bottom