I need some reassurance. Lulu is developing a comb and wattles more than Bernadette and much more than Bella who doesn’t seem to possess either.
She is more zippy than the other Hooligans but I have been putting that down to her being a Legbar - she definitely likes to fly.
She is chest bumping Bernadette but all three of them are chest bumping each other.
She is now 13 weeks old (@BY Bob I must have miscounted weeks previously - they are much older than yours).
Is there anything that says boy about Lulu?

4000EE30-772F-4441-9477-286B5BFD9AAA.jpeg
DEC94C21-4031-422C-BBF7-B59E87C91B0E.jpeg
DAB8D7B4-06CE-4C30-A7B2-24D43F07C311.jpeg

I need some reassurance. Lulu is developing a comb and wattles more than Bernadette and much more than Bella who doesn’t seem to possess either.
She is more zippy than the other Hooligans but I have been putting that down to her being a Legbar - she definitely likes to fly.
She is chest bumping Bernadette but all three of them are chest bumping each other.
She is now 13 weeks old (@BY Bob I must have miscounted weeks previously - they are much older than yours).

View attachment 3166865View attachment 3166866View attachment 3166868
Here, let me assure you. :hugs

Your right Branch has quite the comb. It is different then anyone else's and where it is black and he is black it is often missed in pictures.
I also love Chiquita and Ezzie's colors. Ezzie in particular I love the richness of the red and orange. I found something yesterday evening while holding him. in his tail there are now 2 green feathers. Ezzie is a boy, those iridescent green feathers just solidified it for me. A hen simply would not have them with that coloring. Chiquita while she looks 100x better now then when she arrived I believe will be stunning after she goes through a good molt. The poor girl was in rough shape when arrived and she has spent the 6 months I've had her putting on weight and re growing damaged feathers. She is now at a healthy, ok maybe a little chubby weight. All she needs is a fresh coat of entirely new feathers.
View attachment 3166862View attachment 3166863
Oh I can’t wait to see Ezzie with a green tail!
🥰🥰

View attachment 3166865View attachment 3166866View attachment 3166868
At 13 weeks, I would not worry about comb and wattle development. I do not see pointy saddle or hackle feathering but it is hard to distinguish that with her pale coloring. Even my hooligan girls are chest bumping each other right now to find their place among the pecking order.

No photos today sorry.

But I'm so pleased to let you know Tina has grown her feathers back. I think flexi was pecking her because she pecked Agatha when she was eating or relaxing. For some reason flexi seemed too look on Agatha as her chick even though she was bigger.

Now flexi has got sort of attached to Tina.
They both escaped yesterday because the scaffolders left a gap in my fence 😑 thankfully they were in next doors garden

20220624_104301.jpg

Last edited:
At 13 weeks, I would not worry about comb and wattle development. I do not see pointy saddle or hackle feathering but it is hard to distinguish that with her pale coloring. Even my hooligan girls are chest bumping each other right now to find their place among the pecking order.
OK thank you!
That makes me feel better. I will try to get a closeup of her back and neck so you can see feather details. She wandered off somewhere and I need to go in because I am being attacked by a swarm of tiny biting black beetles.
Do your job ladies - I don’t want to see a single one of these when I return!

Back
Top Bottom