I don't think it is about medicated feed - that is only inhibiting thiamine not B2.
I have kept researching the whole thing and also seeing a number of other possible cases here on BYC. One of the things I read suggested that vitamin B2, and possibly some of the other B complex vitamins, are one of the more common deficiencies. The reason they gave is that they are not very stable and degrade over time, in heat etc. So even if the feed is perfectly fine it may not have as much vitamin B as it should eg if it has been on the shelf a while or been in high temperatures in transit.
I have no idea if it is true and I am not sure the date on the feed my lot had early on, but it seemed a plausible underlying cause.
This is good to know, thanks RC.

OK I'm back to being concerned about Gucci. :( I'm not actively looking for this, it just jumps out at me, in the beginning and then again at the end, the two places you can clearly see how she's moving. She's not walking well. In this video it's her left leg. It's weak compared to the right, she is centering herself over her right leg to take weight and then limping when she puts weight on the left. And she is tending to want to sit not stand. :( Hopefully this is intermittent, or a minor injury, and if it's real like @RoyalChick's Bernadette, B vitamins will help?
I swear by turmeric. On the whole it's been a life saver for my animals. I just mix it into their feed along with ginger powder.
Tina must have hurt her leg and foot while jumping of the perch several months ago because she was limping badly, those two ingredients really helped. As well as soaking her legs in Epson salt and acv

Sharing! :lau

1656505710160.png

Back
Top Bottom