It is. But I don’t believe the issue is Marek’s. These chicks would have been vaccinated on day one or two and the vaccine takes a bit of time to ‘take’ (unscientific description for the chick to build immunity).
Some people say that takes three or even four weeks, although the only scientific study was pretty clear that it was 10 days.
Anyway, that was the quarantine I had to do with my Hooligans. Bob’s rascals are older so it is about other diseases but it shouldn’t be about Marek’s as they built their immunity long before they set out on their journey to FBA.
Correct.

Oh I see. Bob needs a second perimeter fence so he can let the littles out of their coop and sit with them in a run within a run. Is that possible Bob?
There really is not enough space for that where I have them. If I ever do this again I need to have a plan for that.

Does anyone have any experience with these little fu**ers?
According to the insect identification app they are the larval form of the Asian multicolored lady beetle. Which looks like a ladybug/ladybird but is bigger.
They are apparently everywhere around the world now, and the chickens will not eat them!
What is that all about? These things are making my life in the chicken garden a bit miserable. They bite and make me itch and there are a lot of them!
Chickens just not interested!

View attachment 3169644View attachment 3169645
I have never seen them before but they do not look very friendly at all. Yuck.

No social distancing here! Just a few pet Rocks. :D DEA5C5F3-3441-4864-B9DF-7836AC1FF38D.jpeg

I have been fascinated how the Hooligans, being a gang of three, are somehow more separate and self contained than the Roadrunners were during integration. It is a different game!
Here they use that there are three of them to bamboozle Dotty.
Dotty can be mean and if she gets a hold of one of the Hooligans she beats the crap out of them. Minnie is the same.
Here you see the strategy that the Hooligans deploy to stay safe from Dotty. She cannot figure who to go after!

Hilarious and adorable!

Back
Top Bottom