I Can Fly!

Glynda discovered the high roost yesterday afternoon at nap time. This led to Lady Featherington feeling the need to join her. Proving that despite being a future dual purpose lady her wings work!

Gucci would not join in. She would rest underneath them. I assume this is because of her leg bothering her. This led to a near miss as Lady Featherington nearly pooed on her head!

Since Gucci would not fly up, the others got down eventually and they cuddled in a corner for their nap.

Awwww so cute 💖

The fireworks were nuts tonight. Everyone of the chickens seem to be on edge. Éowyn wanted back into the house early. Not fun.
Sorry to hear that, the fireworks here finally stopped, then my nutter neighbour was out at 10:30 (doing what sounded like) dumping and rummaging around with glass bottles, after about 20 min I asked her 'could you please do that during non sleeping hours' ... And I slammed my window shut. My thought was how the heck much must she drink 😲😲 or maybe it was ketchup bottles ha!

The horses and chickies were restless for a couple hrs after. I almost went out to bring horses in around 12:30am, but I didn't want to disturb the chickens who had settled.

Sometimes it's just better to let them deal with it and just monitor them, - love my cameras.

Here it’s the idiot farmers setting them off and spooking their own horses and dogs (cattle and sheep are usually too far out, like me, and the chickens there “don’t count”) of course that’s only New Year’s Eve, Halloween is usually celebrated at the Rec centre (our volunteer fire department is full of closet pyros) and the lamb BBQ for Canada day means people are usually too drunk or tired to cause further fireworks mischief (they haven’t banned chainsaws and lawn equipment yet, but there is a one hour fire watch after these high risk activities so fireworks are out of the question)
Oh that's the secret 😁 feed them so they are too stuffed to do anything 🤗

I like that idea!

Got home VERY late last night. One of the larger towns here does their fireworks display on 3 July. The smaller towns around on 4 July (no idea why, now on my "to be investigated list", discussed with MIL who grew up in area and has always been that way). Display starts around 1030pm (sky finally dark enough), so pushing midnight when got home. Went to close coop (BBQ with friends had us leaving around 3pm). Big door wide open.....flashlight on phone, head count....all there, disgruntled at having sleep disturbed. 3 eggs :celebrate (Magpies, juveniles, have figured out how to get in to steal them: working on that)

As promised, cactus flower mugshots (not from the same ones as pictured last week as those aren't blooming yet)
20220704_060042.jpg
20220704_060032.jpg
This one is just getting started...but is loaded.

Now for the birds
20220703_093738.jpg
Mera

20220703_093709.jpg
Jessica was really posing the other day

20220703_093746.jpg
And Hector turned at the PERFECT moment!

A little update on the cat and chicks interaction, on which many of you kindly gave your advice. I've been spending quite some time checking how it went and making sure no chick became cat food.
My female cat now understands she must not even think about the chicks. She got pecked by Chipie the mamma once and told off by me several times, and that was it.
My male cat knows to avoid them when I'm around, he just goes away. But...if he doesn't know I'm there and one of the chick wanders away from the mum, he looks suddenly very interested, especially by the two smaller ones.

The chicks still have no clue they should avoid the cats and this did lead a few times to risky situation where a lone chick went to graze right under Grochatila's sleeping nose 😁.

Female cat Hibou 🦉
View attachment 3173736
Male cat Grochatila. Still sleeping on the manure pile though it's 32 c.
View attachment 3173743

Woke up
View attachment 3173744

Back to 😴

View attachment 3173745
That seems to be par for the course. I think that may be working out very nicely. 👍

Got home VERY late last night. One of the larger towns here does their fireworks display on 3 July. The smaller towns around on 4 July (no idea why, now on my "to be investigated list", discussed with MIL who grew up in area and has always been that way). Display starts around 1030pm (sky finally dark enough), so pushing midnight when got home. Went to close coop (BBQ with friends had us leaving around 3pm). Big door wide open.....flashlight on phone, head count....all there, disgruntled at having sleep disturbed. 3 eggs :celebrate (Magpies, juveniles, have figured out how to get in to steal them: working on that)

As promised, cactus flower mugshots (not from the same ones as pictured last week as those aren't blooming yet)View attachment 3173767View attachment 3173768This one is just getting started...but is loaded.

Now for the birdsView attachment 3173770Mera

View attachment 3173771Jessica was really posing the other day

View attachment 3173769And Hector turned at the PERFECT moment!
Those are great mug shots! Well done! Jessica is quite beautiful! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom