They do look very similar and they have that incredible glossy blue-green reflection on their black feathers.
They are both very beautiful!

How is Bella this morning ? You're taking her to the vet today am I right ?

I sure hope my little black chick is a girl, I would love to keep it and have a black chicken! To be fair it doesn't look regal at all like your girls, more like a ragged baby blackbird🤣.
View attachment 3174808
Awww, give her a chance to grow up and be beautiful. I think she darling now! 🥰

2fer Tuesday

It is a break-in! I did not seal the lid on the cracked corn. Hattie spotted it and broke into it. Aurora saw Hattie eating something and came over to have some first.

Happy Tuesday all
20220705_081236.jpg

They do look very similar and they have that incredible glossy blue-green reflection on their black feathers.
They are both very beautiful!

How is Bella this morning ? You're taking her to the vet today am I right ?

I sure hope my little black chick is a girl, I would love to keep it and have a black chicken! To be fair it doesn't look regal at all like your girls, more like a ragged baby blackbird🤣.
View attachment 3174808
Give *her* time, They don't get much of a sheen until their adult feathers start coming in.

That said, I think she looks splendid as she is. This is a cute stage...they are starting to get independent, until something strange comes along and they run back to mum!

That is very sweet. I love to see chickens with that kind of a friendship bond. 💕
Funny thing is, they are only like that when they are co-broody. Shortly after they let the kids be, they roost side by side for a week or so, then start roosting on opposite roosts in their coop!:idunno I guess they have a good bond in that they trust and help each other,, but don't always have to 'hang out' together?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom