Give *her* time, They don't get much of a sheen until their adult feathers start coming in.

That said, I think she looks splendid as she is. This is a cute stage...they are starting to get independent, until something strange comes along and they run back to mum!
Agreed! Dorothy looked like a raven at one point hahaha. I almost called her Raven but my niece has one with that name.

Wait till the adult feathers come in😊

They do look very similar and they have that incredible glossy blue-green reflection on their black feathers.
They are both very beautiful!

How is Bella this morning ? You're taking her to the vet today am I right ?

I sure hope my little black chick is a girl, I would love to keep it and have a black chicken! To be fair it doesn't look regal at all like your girls, more like a ragged baby blackbird🤣.
View attachment 3174808
She is cute!
Thanks for asking about Bella - she is not well. Her crop was empty in the evening (not good) but when I gave her mash she wolfed it down (good!). She fell off the roost again last night and did not get up bright and early (not good) but she is running around now (good). For what I could see of her during the night she was doing her head stretched and open mouth breathing (not good).
She is a mystery.
I doubt I will get a vet appointment for today but am calling them now to get an appointment hopefully for later in the week.

There is Always One who Pushes the Line

LF: Check it out Gucci, the door is open

Glynda: I'd stay back if I was you two, that human is right there.

Gucci: I'm not sure I can get my leg down that step.

View attachment 3174558

LF: Gucci look! There is food down here!

Gucci: I don't know that looks pretty old to me.

Glynda: I'm telling you, he is going to grab you guys again. Not me. I don't trust him.

View attachment 3174559

Gucci: Yup that food is a week old at best. I'm not eating that.

LF: That human is watching me but I'm not afraid of him. Nope not afraid at all.

View attachment 3174560

LF: Watch this I'm going out.

Gucci: I'm out of here. I'm not getting picked up over week old food.

View attachment 3174561

LF: Cowards! Watch this! Hey Human! Look my foot is out!View attachment 3174562

LF: Oops, you are too slow human. It's back in!
View attachment 3174563

LF: look out Human! It's back out!

View attachment 3174564

LF: Hahahahaha! I'm too fast for the human girls. Hahahahaha
'you put your left foot out
You put your left foot in
You put your left foot out...

Then run back in the coop'

Hahaha

2fer Tuesday
These fine ladies are watching chicken TV. On the other side of the hardware cloth is Dotty chasing the Hooligans.
These matrons stay out of the fight but they enjoy watching!
Diana is also keeping an eye on the main door in case the battle spills outside and disturbs her rest.

97BF1F76-5041-4EC2-9264-DEA4018D58F3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom