Pics of the ventilation modification of Cholo's house.View attachment 3176058opened up the door to give Cholo and Gorda more headspace entering and exiting the coop. Removed top 6 inches of the wall to allow much more air flow.View attachment 3176063Removed another 6 inches on the top of this side and added soffit vent covers to the remainder. The wind comes from this direction in the summer so they'll catch more of any breeze now. I have soffit vent covers on the other 2 sides so I'm pretty happy with this coop.
It looks like some smart decisions on your part. I hope it helps. 👍

I have never considered a special arrangement for the Polish. They would not get one in the wild so why should I provide one? It's an interesting idea though. 🤔
Well are Polish out there in the wild? They would be toast immediately with their floof tops and obstructed vision. I had not heard that Polish basically don't sleep an uninterrupted sleep before, so I felt bad for them. Phyllis has been okay I guess, I was just not aware that they hardly get a sound sleep, waking up to raise their heads all night long. That's too bad!

Breakout!

Well the Rascals broke out of the coop today and into the buffer zone. It is all my fault. My need to spend time with has led me to sit in front of an open door and watch them.

I was doing just that today. I was recording Gucci walking around for everyone to see when Glynda and Lady Featherington got into a dominance battle. This led to Glynda accidentally finding herself outside the coop. Because I was holding my phone I had no had to shush her right back in and she took off. Her running in panic led to Lady Featherington pursuing her as if she was running away.

This is where the video cuts off and I curse. My apologies in advance for those that watch the video

Two pullets were out an on the loose. Gucci stood in the doorway looking out like they had lost their minds.

Which the promptly did.

Glynda ran straight to the corner of the fence behind the nest box and into a corner. Which would have been helpful except someone was standing on the other side of that fence.

For whatever reason Phyllis was standing at the fence and she was initially surprised by the little white pullet that flew up into the fence. That was too much for Phyllis. No one is flying up at Phyllis unchallenged. Phyllis went off; flapping her wings, squawking, fluffing up, and pecking at Glynda.

Confused, Glynda stopped for a moment and I scooped her up. Lady Featherington was a few steps behind and I scooped her up as well. Back into the coop with Gucci they went. The three Rascals ran off into the corner and started chattering away.

Quarantine Implications

It is highly unlikely that anything was exchanged between anyone. The Rascals are healthy so far so that is good. We are 1 week from moving them to the Cluckle Hut today. The list of pathogens to worry about is very short at this point. I’m not too worried about anything passing between them.

Tribal Implications

First and foremost, Phyllis knows they are there now. She apparently told Hattie and Betty because the three of them spent some time at the gate today watching the Rascals. In fact, every time I went out today, Phyllis was staring at them as you can see in this picture.

View attachment 3176497

I expect that Phyllis will not be welcoming them with open arms.
I am still chuckling at the thought of this - and can you imagine how much there is to talk about on the roosts tonight? It is the biggest event to have happened in memory. Definitely front page news!

I have never considered a special arrangement for the Polish. They would not get one in the wild so why should I provide one? It's an interesting idea though. 🤔
But they are not wild 😊

They are a human made domestic breed 🤗

Like my sissy horse who needs blankets, bug spray, and fly masks she would never survive in the wild. Poor Truly.

I've had a really trying day and couldn't hardly spend anytime with my girls. To top it all flexis vent is down. I put olive oil into her vent and gave her some coconut oil before bed as well as a little cuddle.
I'd be heartbroken to lose my lovely girl she's such a character and the mother of them all
I will pray for her Marie. :hugs :hugs

I am still chuckling at the thought of this - and can you imagine how much there is to talk about on the roosts tonight? It is the biggest event to have happened in memory. Definitely front page news!
Yes, and Phyllis has to be getting ready to defend her position again, since she's near the bottom with only Betty under her, she must be ever-vigilant!

J
Breakout!

Well the Rascals broke out of the coop today and into the buffer zone. It is all my fault. My need to spend time with has led me to sit in front of an open door and watch them.

I was doing just that today. I was recording Gucci walking around for everyone to see when Glynda and Lady Featherington got into a dominance battle. This led to Glynda accidentally finding herself outside the coop. Because I was holding my phone I had no had to shush her right back in and she took off. Her running in panic led to Lady Featherington pursuing her as if she was running away.

This is where the video cuts off and I curse. My apologies in advance for those that watch the video

Two pullets were out an on the loose. Gucci stood in the doorway looking out like they had lost their minds.

Which the promptly did.

Glynda ran straight to the corner of the fence behind the nest box and into a corner. Which would have been helpful except someone was standing on the other side of that fence.

For whatever reason Phyllis was standing at the fence and she was initially surprised by the little white pullet that flew up into the fence. That was too much for Phyllis. No one is flying up at Phyllis unchallenged. Phyllis went off; flapping her wings, squawking, fluffing up, and pecking at Glynda.

Confused, Glynda stopped for a moment and I scooped her up. Lady Featherington was a few steps behind and I scooped her up as well. Back into the coop with Gucci they went. The three Rascals ran off into the corner and started chattering away.

Quarantine Implications

It is highly unlikely that anything was exchanged between anyone. The Rascals are healthy so far so that is good. We are 1 week from moving them to the Cluckle Hut today. The list of pathogens to worry about is very short at this point. I’m not too worried about anything passing between them.

Tribal Implications

First and foremost, Phyllis knows they are there now. She apparently told Hattie and Betty because the three of them spent some time at the gate today watching the Rascals. In fact, every time I went out today, Phyllis was staring at them as you can see in this picture.

View attachment 3176497

I expect that Phyllis will not be welcoming them with open arms.
us buy Phyllis another necklace, Rubies maybe? She’ll be fine!

Well are Polish out there in the wild? They would be toast immediately with their floof tops and obstructed vision. I had not heard that Polish basically don't sleep an uninterrupted sleep before, so I felt bad for them. Phyllis has been okay I guess, I was just not aware that they hardly get a sound sleep, waking up to raise their heads all night long. That's too bad!
But is it really truly that horrible? Birds sleep different from humans, they only sleep half the brain, the other half remains alert I have heard. So she is likely ok.

This is why you can't sneak up on a sleeping goose! No matter how much you want one for the freezer!

Back
Top Bottom