Runny poop and she hardly had any greens yesterday due too home issues that urgently needed dealing with which would affect my chickens.

She hasn't had to much of protein foods as I try to balance with vitamins minerals and I keep their water supplies clean.

I'm sure Agatha somehow picked this up, maybe in my neighbours garden or a different wood chips I used that stands a chance 🤔 the previous one no on had problems
Flexi has the same poo as Agatha had

I've used vermex in their water and now switched to 2 teaspoons of silver and a acv in their main water.

View attachment 3176784
That is clearly not a great poo. I do sometimes see those here when it has been externally hot and they are drinking a lot of water because of the heat. That does not seem to be your problem.

Coccidia usually causes problems in adult hens after a long period of wet weather. Have they been in the wet a lot? Treating for coccidia will not hurt if you suspect it. I know it is very hard for you to get vet assistance and testing may not be possible.

Can you make a tiny fence around the door. An area just big enough for you to sit in? Deer netting, dog panels, or chicken wire maybe? Just to bring them up short when they shoot out.
I'm really not certain how much effort I want to invest for 1 more week. I need to think about it.

For coccidiosis you need amprolium. Marketed in US as Corid. A quick search suggests it is called Coxoid in the UK.
However, unless the symptoms are pretty clearly a coccidial infection you would be best getting a poo sample examined. Any vet’s office can do it.
Not here lovely, we have no chance. Most chickens that visited vets die and I can only lab test for worms. This area is not good for vet's they are impossible. Trust me I tried and was ignored several times when Amber was seriously ill

@BY Bob
We have had bad rain now its dry . They can't win

Runny poop and she hardly had any greens yesterday due too home issues that urgently needed dealing with which would affect my chickens.

She hasn't had to much of protein foods as I try to balance with vitamins minerals and I keep their water supplies clean.

I'm sure Agatha somehow picked this up, maybe in my neighbours garden or a different wood chips I used that stands a chance 🤔 the previous one no on had problems
Flexi has the same poo as Agatha had

I've used vermex in their water and now switched to 2 teaspoons of silver and a acv in their main water.

View attachment 3176784
My hens do that when they start molting, I wouldn't worry. Also try laying off the supplemental items, they don't get it in the wild this it is not a normal part of their diet.

Just feed layed pellets/crumble, and all the bugs they can find, not too many fruits and veggies or bread. Once a week my gals get any eggs that I accidentally drop ( ya that happens weekly duh bad Kelly).

Fresh water without additives. I have had livestock all my life from and I never fed supplements, all my horses, rabbits, were all healthy. My neighbour also has sheep cattle swine, they all are feed regular grain feeds and grass/hay without supplements. In the end it's just expensive pee, and could actually upset the natural flora and fauna in their gut.

Less and simple is better (and easier on the pocket book!!!!).

Well seems Curly is starting back laying eggs after her broody session, she laid an egg with a very thin brittle shell which Sophia though she could gobble up!

I took it away from her as I didn't want her to get they idea that she could eat eggs. Not sure if she would develop that habit at her age, but hey why risk it!!

Unsuccessful Weigh In

Yesterday was not a great day for BY Bob with the chickens. I tried to weigh Phyllis. I have been wanting to do so too see the effects of 35 days trying to hatch on her weight. I made the mistake of not bringing her in the house to weigh her on the table. Instead I tried to weigh her on the ground outside.

What a mess.

Up on the table in the house, a chicken will pause to consider its next move giving the scale a moment to weigh it. Outside on the ground she just kept trying to walk away. I could not get her to hold still and eventually I gave up with all the squawking and wing flapping. What a ruckus.

The really interesting thing is that Aurora came to her defense. Aurora charged over and did everything except outright attack me. It was very rooster like and she was highly agitated and unhappy with me causing Phyllis distress. She reminded me very much of Patsy.

All in all she probably is a good leader for this group after all.

The High Queen and Defender of the Realm

20220707_082615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom