@BY Bob

I started trimming the wee man’s punk rock hair-do!!! I see why your having a long time to trim Guccis - wow that’s a lot of feathers! And there is a weird comb buried in all those feathers 🥺🥺🥺 and I was freaked out trimming them because they are coarse and hard like straw, not at all like the silkies poofy feathers! How do i know there aren’t sensitive feathers growing in that I might accidentally cut?! And what’s with that weird comb?! I almost snipped it 😥

At least he is quiet once I catch him. He just sort of flops over all quiet like when I pick him up! I was able to trim above his eyes - below them he is bald 😳 thank goodness!!

A totally different feathered beast to be sure!!!
He’s got a V-Shaped comp (little devil) but be careful not to cut it!

@RebeccaBoyd i second this! Prevention and reducing the habitat around your living areas is the best solution. Sad that the snakes are being killed, but it’s not something everyone is able to handle for relocation, or get someone in in time to relocate them. Are the Timber Rattlers threatened in your area?
Timbers may be, I'm not 100% sure. Here is the thing though, and same with copperheads, shoot first ask questions later. If small enough and have a shovel near by chop it's head off. I personally do not know of anyone in my area who will call someone to remove a venomous snake. I have family member's who are law enforcement, they are shooting as well. While they scare the crap out of me I try to leave the non-venomous species alone. Try that is. If it is small enough I'm calling over the chickens for lunch.

The Rascals at Bedtime

So tonight I started the Porch camera as the Rascals finally decided to go to bed. They were up very late tonight

Observations
  • Glynda leads the way
  • Lady Featherington comes back to get Guccibut Gucci can't figure out how to follow her.
  • Gucci was going to sleep outside tonight (very worrying)
  • Gucci doesn't understand how to find the ramp yet
  • Watch Gucci figure it out once she is on the ramp
  • They were up very late as the door closes shortly after they are in
  • There is a treat at the very end of you watch closely

…another tornado warning! Got the chickies and horses inside so all good. For the moment.

Today I dosed the wee little man for his lice, I think I got more of the Selamectin on me than him tho! I will be well wormed 😁.

Then I gave him a hair cut! Holy moly does he have a lot of feathers! I will have to take more off but for now he can see a bit better! I sure got my exercise today trying to catch him. But with the sky threatening to storm I had no choice but to catch him any way I could.

He is now chillaxing in his crate with his fan blowing in his lofty locks 💕

View attachment 3216213
I cannot wait to get him settled with the gals and digging around the barn ❤️
He looks so sweet. 🤔 I'd be careful of him he looks to cute for my liking

You have done him proud :hugs ♥️

My Jubilee Orp waddles around. Think of an 8 1/2 month pregnant woman. Even when she hurries, she waddles. :gig
Hattie does not waddle but she is not running anywhere if she does not need to do so,

20220530_185224.jpg

I worry about that too - but when I watch them they rarely eat a long piece. They have a sort of twisting action that snaps little pieces off.
At this stage I would be more worried about mowing and leaving long pieces for them to pick up.
Mowed grass is much more dangerous than long grass as they can't snap off the correct size. You should not give grass clippings to chickens for that reason. They have to eat them whole.

Back
Top Bottom