I find this really odd. Either she doesn't want to go roosting, or she really has an orientation problem ?

At this point I really think it's a different problem than her leg's weakness, because once you put her on the ramp, she manages it pretty quickly.

Do you think she wants to go and doesn't know how to or is she scared for some reason ?
Remember she doesn’t see well except downwards in spite of Bob’s wielding of the scissors.
Not sure it is more than that.
I agree she handles the ramp well once Bob puts her there - it is good to see her leg better.

I find this really odd. Either she doesn't want to go roosting, or she really has an orientation problem ?

At this point I really think it's a different problem than her leg's weakness, because once you put her on the ramp, she manages it pretty quickly.

Do you think she wants to go and doesn't know how to or is she scared for some reason ?
I really don't know and I find it concerning and confusing. I've not seen behavior like this before. The others want her to come with them. She seems content to sleep anywhere. The natural roosting instinct does not seem to apply at all.

A Rumpled Feathers 2fer

20220809_073551.jpg
20220809_073602.jpg
20220809_073623.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't know and I find it concerning and confusing. I've not seen behavior like this before. The others want her to come with them. She seems content to sleep anywhere. The natural roosting instinct does not seem to apply at all.
I would maybe try my first idea, to give a treat once she's on the roost (if you can reach her ?)
Or, put a treat on the ramp once Glynda and Lady Featherington have gone up (but the problem is that they may come down to get it.).
If you tried this for a few days and it makes a difference, then her behaviour is due to a lack of motivation. If it doesn't change anything it would mean she really can't, either because of her leg or her sight ?

Back
Top Bottom