So glad to be home - the past few days have been misery with my legs/back, and trying to catch the wild man yesterday I must have twisted wrong… I am not 19 anymore!

Tonight I put the wee fella in Lulus stall. Still had to chase him around to catch him but much easier!

I have noticed he is molting.
View attachment 3218786
Awww. Sorry you are in pain.
:hugs

Minnie is not in great shape. I can't see anything wrong (well apart from the diarrhea that she has had for a while now). But she looks depressed and is just sitting on her own in a corner of the Chicken Palace.
She is drinking but not eating much.
I don't know if she is just depressed because she is now a lonesome or if the diarrhea is finally draining her energy.
She has always been friendly with you, yes? Maybe a little time with you and a few treats (like maybe a mix of a few raisins🍇 and mealworms🪱) so a mix of energy and protein???

I'm hoping she is okay:fl:fl:fl:hugs:hugs:hugs

So happy to see the gals enjoying themselves, I never had a chance to move the nest boxes and I have had a savage headache most of the day, and still do. I did shove a stick into the hole under the pavers to see how far it went. About 2’ along the cement wall under the pavers. I think I will put a couple of rat traps out tomorrow night and see what I get. Meanwhile it doesn’t appear to have breached the paver flooring in the hen house. But I will keep Marty up on the roost to be safe!!

The gals out and about
0E434260-A257-4117-902B-90355DF7D60D.jpeg

Dorothy can sure shovel dirt!
1987E517-67D7-45C1-8C25-B329DA85A748.jpeg

AD354B7C-A830-4D3D-9711-5493ACC315FF.jpeg

Whiskers enjoying the dirt also
6593ADEA-3F5D-49F3-AE37-D698368663A3.jpeg

Poor Blanche looking sad, but soon she will be glorious again!
161DFBA8-959A-4648-B7CD-D8FC57491E53.jpeg

Minnie is not in great shape. I can't see anything wrong (well apart from the diarrhea that she has had for a while now). But she looks depressed and is just sitting on her own in a corner of the Chicken Palace.
She is drinking but not eating much.
I don't know if she is just depressed because she is now a lonesome or if the diarrhea is finally draining her energy.
Is she maybe molting? Sophia was like that last year and went through a horrid molt 😟

She has always been friendly with you, yes? Maybe a little time with you and a few treats (like maybe a mix of a few raisins🍇 and mealworms🪱) so a mix of energy and protein???

I'm hoping she is okay:fl:fl:fl:hugs:hugs:hugs
Yes, good idea. I tried some of that today but greedy Diana kept grabbing Minnie's treats when she was being slow. Tomorrow I will lock the others in/out so she and I can spend some quality treat time.
I also need to get serious about the diarrhea. She, Dotty and Maggie have had diarrhea for weeks. We found roundworms and coccidiae on fecal test and I treated for both but with no improvement, and then in the middle of the treatment Minnie got sour crop. Maybe a coincidence but I suspect not.
So, maybe she has amprolium resistant coccidiae? Or, less likely, fenbendazole resistant round worms.
The mystery is why Diana and the Hooligans seem not to have any issue.

Back
Top Bottom