Seems that my flight is delayed. So it’s okay for the kids to come out and play. BoPeeps foot is all better now. She’s running around like nothing has even happened.
Yes I was thinking of making sure she had some meat each day (is it disturbing if I give her some Cornish hen leftover ?😳).
:eek:! I’m kidding.

Attachments

• 41A8F7A6-022F-4792-AEF0-D1CBE4EFDDE9.jpeg
    41A8F7A6-022F-4792-AEF0-D1CBE4EFDDE9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I will write a tribute later when I can absorb everything that has happened today.
In short. Minnie is gone to join her sister. There are no more Roadrunners at the Chicken Palace.
Maggie laid a lash egg - so I think we can be confident that the one that was in the nest box a week or so ago was not from Dotty but from Maggie as I suspected. It is a year and 11 months since she laid lash eggs before so she has been on borrowed time for quite a while. But I love her borrowed time and the thought that it might end soon is deeply depressing to me. I will probably give her antibiotics, I think @BY Bob would agree.
And Diana reminded me of her mortality by laying yet another no-shell egg.
Altogether not a great day for chickens at the Chicken Palace. I am down to 4 chickens and have more dead chickens than alive chickens which I don't think is what chicken-math normally means.

I will write a tribute later when I can absorb everything that has happened today.
In short. Minnie is gone to join her sister. There are no more Roadrunners at the Chicken Palace.
Maggie laid a lash egg - so I think we can be confident that the one that was in the nest box a week or so ago was not from Dotty but from Maggie as I suspected. It is a year and 11 months since she laid lash eggs before so she has been on borrowed time for quite a while. But I love her borrowed time and the thought that it might end soon is deeply depressing to me. I will probably give her antibiotics, I think @BY Bob would agree.
Altogether not a great day for chickens at the Chicken Palace. I am down to 4 chickens and have more dead chickens than alive chickens which I don't think is what chicken-math normally means.
🥺 Fly high Minnie.
Take care of yourself royalchick , I'm at loss for words.

I’m very sorry you lost her. :hugs

:hugs
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

:hugs :hugs May she find her sister Dotty, enjoy flying to high places, and be blessed with a large windowsill in the sun to perch on.:hugs:hugs
I wish I could give you a hug in person. I don't even know what to say. Please do take care of yourself/be kind to yourself. Know we are here for you in whatever ways we can.

I hope you are able to find out what took Minnie & Dotty so quickly - and that it is something you are able to 'fix' /eradicate, or at least is not contagious.:fl:fl

May Maggie have another year or two of 'borrowed time', as you need someone to tell you how things should be!

:hugs:hugs:hugs

Oh my gosh😢😢😢

Oh no I was not expecting this, I am so sad - wish I could just give you big hug, cry together. It’s so hard having pets, always heartache to go along with the smiles.

My grandmother always said if you don’t have them to make you cry, you won’t have them to make you laugh 💕

Back
Top Bottom