He sleeps in some of the most uncomfortable looking positions....View attachment 3221369View attachment 3221368Taken roughly a week apart.

Middle son observational comment unrelated to Castor's sleeping contortions: "I'm glad I don't have to wash my [backside] like that." (Brackets edited for terminology, his term wasn't so polite).
What a beautiful moggy, just lovely.

Cats are great!

Hello Fluffy Butt acres! The moon was still up when I opened the coop this morning and it was cool and nice.
View attachment 3221350

View attachment 3221348
View attachment 3221357
I realized tonight I never gave a follow up on Grochatila being stung by a hornet. It took a good three and a half day but he healed completely without any intervention.
View attachment 3221358

Has me thinking we should value that "borrowed time" as some rare precious gift.
And treasure every peaceful moment !
I think we will all be keeping @RoyalChick in our thoughts today. Hoping this new day isn't as awful as yesterday and you find some little things to be happy about.
Kitty looks very comfortable ❤️ Oh to be able to sleep like that.

Also lovely sentiment for RC , well stated 💕

I might be way off here I could get why flexi got ill and died with this crop issue that she never had before, this is very suspicious...

View attachment 3221364
Right near where they cuddle down out of the sun by my kitchen window which is directly beneath my volatile neighbours kitchen window :mad::fl No workmen or gardeners have been around my back

Flexi was laying eggs and healthy apart from being a little subdued about Agatha dying.
Hmmmm I can see a hen eating something they shouldn’t. Have you told the manager of the construction job? The workers need to clean up everything. Glad you found this and hopefully can get them to clean it up.

It is a new day at the Chicken Palace.
It is cool, clear and sunny and it will be a perfect day apart from the drought.
My lovely Princesses are reminding me to celebrate life and live in the moment.

Strictly in pecking order (as is protocol in the Chicken Palace, and maybe in palaces everywhere) …..

Diana reminded me it is a great day to forage and good food is what she wakes up for every morning so she can’t hang around chatting when there are bugs to catch!
View attachment 3221367

Maggie reminded me what a glorious shiny mahogany-colored fluffy butt she has and thanked me for the nice clean water in the Chicken Palace but she will stick to the yukky outside water if I don’t mind.
View attachment 3221371

Bernadette reminded me that she is a pretty and impressive showcase for my nursing skills even though I have not been so successful with others. To prove her point she did a little dance and then skipped (no really, she skips) off to join Diana hunting bugs.
View attachment 3221372

And the lovely Lulu reminded me she is a Roadrunner too (same breed) only better because she is a lap chicken (well almost).
View attachment 3221374

Thank you everyone here for your kindness and support. It has been a difficult time and I miss Bella and the Roadrunners terribly.

Starting with Bernadette’s leg it has been about five straight months of chicken nursing and trying to balance quality and quantity of life. I suspect I am not done with that yet.
Maggie will be on antibiotics for five days but at least for now she is happy and energetic and I am determined to enjoy what time I have with her and the others.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ to all of you.
Lovely photos, they are all beautiful, and they know that you are their protector 💕

It is a new day at the Chicken Palace.
It is cool, clear and sunny and it will be a perfect day apart from the drought.
My lovely Princesses are reminding me to celebrate life and live in the moment.

Strictly in pecking order (as is protocol in the Chicken Palace, and maybe in palaces everywhere) …..

Diana reminded me it is a great day to forage and good food is what she wakes up for every morning so she can’t hang around chatting when there are bugs to catch!
View attachment 3221367

Maggie reminded me what a glorious shiny mahogany-colored fluffy butt she has and thanked me for the nice clean water in the Chicken Palace but she will stick to the yukky outside water if I don’t mind.
View attachment 3221371

Bernadette reminded me that she is a pretty and impressive showcase for my nursing skills even though I have not been so successful with others. To prove her point she did a little dance and then skipped (no really, she skips) off to join Diana hunting bugs.
View attachment 3221372

And the lovely Lulu reminded me she is a Roadrunner too (same breed) only better because she is a lap chicken (well almost).
View attachment 3221374

Thank you everyone here for your kindness and support. It has been a difficult time and I miss Bella and the Roadrunners terribly.

Starting with Bernadette’s leg it has been about five straight months of chicken nursing and trying to balance quality and quantity of life. I suspect I am not done with that yet.
Maggie will be on antibiotics for five days but at least for now she is happy and energetic and I am determined to enjoy what time I have with her and the others.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ to all of you.
They are wonderful ladies and are blessed to be cared for by you. You exemplify the best of all of us in your chicken keeping.

You know what you mean to me and if anyone deserves some peaceful time with her chickens it is you. My sincerest hope is that you are able to enjoy some peace for years to come. :hugs :hugs :hugs

So far it’s been an interesting morning, first I found a dead rat by the hay 😳.

Next I chased a coyote out of the paddock, the horses were ignoring it but while it doesn’t pose a threat to my horses, the chickens are another matter.

Then Mr Pompei decided ‘I want to break free’ and when I opened his crate door he took off!!! Thankfully I had the garage door closed - smart Kelly 😊

So I guess I will go and bring him out and introduce him to the ladies now…. Hope that goes well.

Missy also sleeps in some odd positions 😳
80485865-7B64-4931-96AB-5B2EFD200162.jpeg

Hmmmm I can see a hen eating something they shouldn’t. Have you told the manager of the construction job? The workers need to clean up everything. Glad you found this and hopefully can get them to clean it up.
There has been no workers here for a couple of weeks those I pay or the companies so unless someone came into my garden which is doubtful it could have come from one other place the kitchen window above mine

I'm so annoyed, he's has ignored the fact that he has received a letter informing him of my assisted collection being where he has converted from the company and council just leaving his garbage dirt and used bike batteries (zero respect for anyone) this is why I'm thinking he's used one of his friends used cigarettes too drop into my chickens area.
I may well be wrong but what else can you think when he's ignored our rental company and be nothing but rude and abusive to me. What else? :(

Back
Top Bottom