A Caturday Moment

In an attempt to cheer myself up last night i decided to take some drastic action and start mixing the Rascals with the big girls. I have numerous videos to share as the new girls came face to face with Aurora, Sydney, and Betty. Sadly you are all going to have to wait to see them as I have a family event today and won't have time to post them.

Here however is a little taste of what is to come as Éowyn decided to sniff Gucci up close. It is amazing the trust shown here.
View attachment 3221394View attachment 3221395

I will be traveling 6 hours in Giana today. That usually makes me very happy. However my father will be the only other person in the car with me as I take him across the state to his oldest sister's birthday party. 🎂

If you do such things please pray for me. I have not spent 6 hours alone with my Dad in my life. I have no idea what we are going to talk about. 😕
Oh my gosh, Bob! How did it go?

20220813_182041.jpg
young tribe
20220813_181633.jpg
old tribe

So a thing was done this evening. When I showed mom Momma Hens egg stash she dared me to touch them. I was also not allowed to close up her hole, instead she told me the minute Momma went to setting she was getting the 4 newest Butter eggs. Well, she went to setting yesterday afternoon and we swapped out her eggs tonight with the marked Butter eggs. Apparently if I can sneak and set a silkie, she can set Momma with her favorite chickens eggs.

You have to share pictures of your chickens and their creative names! You can't just do that and not deliver the goods.
Here's how I gave them their names.
The brown chicken is Grandma (middle). I gave her this name because ever since she was four, she has just been walking slowly. It could be because of her weight but she weighs 5 lbs and that's about an average weight for a chicken (actual average weight for a chicken is 5.7 lbs). She is currently molting and I will enter the contest that is specifically for molted chickens. She is our oldest chicken at 6 years old.
Next is Tony (left). I originally named him because the definition for Tony means fancy and I was thinking maybe Tony looks fancy. That was just one of the reasons why I named him Tony or maybe I just named him Tony because I like the name and it suits him. He's 5 years old.
Parmesan is in the other photo. Both Parmesan and Mozzarella are Leghorn chickens. They are both named after cheese. People get confused on who is who and how I can tell them apart. Parmesan's comb is not overly covered but sways on the left side and Mozzarella's left side is well covered. Parmesan is more broodier than Mozzarella and will bite, especially when food is involved. Mozzarella keeps it cool and no attempt in biting has ever happened. They are both 2 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_105536.jpg
    IMG_20220812_105536.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20201031_164007523.jpg
    IMG_20201031_164007523.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 3
@BY Bob can decide, but I don't think anyone needs to pay tax on their opinion of @LaFemmeKatia 's breed of hens just because it's in agreement with others...
@rural mouse @RebeccaBoyd or @micstrachan
No tax is required for any chicken opinion or discussion. Only non chicken related discussions require tax.

SHRA tax is required when the answer to your question was already in the thread when you asked it or if you ask a question which someone has already asked.

SHRA tax does not apply to having the same opinion as others.

Back
Top Bottom