No tax is required for any chicken opinion or discussion. Only non chicken related discussions require tax.

SHRA tax is required when the answer to your question was already in the thread when you asked it or if you ask a question which someone has already asked.

SHRA tax does not apply to having the same opinion as others.
I paid it anyway. Had a fun pic.

My emotional support rooster, would tend to agree with that statement! View attachment 3222516
I love this! Thank you for sharing this photo with me, Alex! If anyone else wants to share photos of their Emotional Support Chickens, I'd LOVE to see them!

Here's photos of my Emotional Support Chickens- Kiko & Gizmo! Do ya'll remember when they were just baby chicks?! They're both a year old now!

These photos were taken when I wasn't feeling well. They never left my side that day ❤️ They sure know how to make me feel loved 🥰

tempImage2GGBgX.png

tempImagePHrVEo.png

Here's how I gave them their names.
The brown chicken is Grandma (middle). I gave her this name because ever since she was four, she has just been walking slowly. It could be because of her weight but she weighs 5 lbs and that's about an average weight for a chicken (actual average weight for a chicken is 5.7 lbs). She is currently molting and I will enter the contest that is specifically for molted chickens. She is our oldest chicken at 6 years old.
Next is Tony (left). I originally named him because the definition for Tony means fancy and I was thinking maybe Tony looks fancy. That was just one of the reasons why I named him Tony or maybe I just named him Tony because I like the name and it suits him. He's 5 years old.
Parmesan is in the other photo. Both Parmesan and Mozzarella are Leghorn chickens. They are both named after cheese. People get confused on who is who and how I can tell them apart. Parmesan's comb is not overly covered but sways on the left side and Mozzarella's left side is well covered. Parmesan is more broodier than Mozzarella and will bite, especially when food is involved. Mozzarella keeps it cool and no attempt in biting has ever happened. They are both 2 years old.
Great names and great looking chickens! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

I love this! Thank you for sharing this photo with me, Alex! If anyone else wants to share photos of their Emotional Support Chickens, I'd LOVE to see them!

Here's photos of my Emotional Support Chickens- Kiko & Gizmo! Do ya'll remember when they were just baby chicks?! They're both a year old now!

These photos were taken when I wasn't feeling well. They never left my side that day ❤️ They sure know how to make me feel loved 🥰

View attachment 3222552
View attachment 3222554
I love those chickens. Great to see them again! 👍

Rest in Peace my bella Bella

My beautiful Bella has died.
She was my dream chicken companion.

Always fashion-forward, her black snakeskin boots coordinated perfectly with her gorgeous blue, green, and purple, black feathers.

She was my first ever lap chicken. She was indescribably soft to touch, and right to the end she was grooming my hair and snuggling into my neck for a nap.

She was a loyal friend to Bernadette and stuck with her for months when she couldn't walk. In turn, Bernadette has been a constant visitor and companion for Bella.

She fought hard against the virus that killed her but it was all just too much. In the end she died peacefully and quite rapidly. She was close by her friends Bernadette and Lulu, and I was sitting with her. I hope she felt neither pain nor fear.

Bella now has a bottomless freezer filled with frozen corn, and I am left with a Bella-shaped hole in my heart.

Bon voyage Bella Dracula. You will always hold a special place in my memories.

Highlights of Bella’s short life. March 22-August 2, 2022
View attachment 3209512View attachment 3209513View attachment 3209514View attachment 3209515View attachment 3209516View attachment 3209517View attachment 3209518View attachment 3209519View attachment 3209521View attachment 3209522View attachment 3209523View attachment 3209524View attachment 3209525

Rest in peace my lovely Dotty

My lovely Dotty has died after a mystery illness of only a couple of days.
She leaves an outsized hole in our lives including for her partner in crime and inseparable companion, Minnie.

I never knew whether Dotty loved me, or hated me. In the end I believe she just saw me as an inferior being who needed to be reminded of my place in life.

In spite of my complicated relationship with Dotty, I loved her dearly. I was so happy to find that she was very often in my presence. She liked to be near me, to explain things to me, and just hang out. She was quite tolerant of me stroking her neck and wattles.

Her tail and fluffy butt were a wonderful sight and she was always alert to whatever was going on around us.

In her short time - she was only 2 years and 3 months old - she lived life to the full and on her own terms.
She loved to sunbathe by my chair; she loved to fly; she molted when the temperature was single digits Fahrenheit; and she would always poop on her eggs. Always.

She was obsessed with pecking my ankles, and fortunately, before she died, Dotty passed on her knowledge of ankle pecking to none other than Lulu, so the tradition will live on.

Farewell Dotty, may wherever you are going be populated with many ankles to attack. I did my best for you and I am so sorry it was not enough.
I miss you already.

Here are some pictures to celebrate Dotty's short life - inevitably many of my photos are together with Minnie. Dotty is the one with the much bigger tail and the (ever so slightly) less weird comb.

View attachment 3214924View attachment 3214925View attachment 3214927View attachment 3214928View attachment 3214930View attachment 3214931View attachment 3214932View attachment 3214934View attachment 3214935View attachment 3214936View attachment 3214937View attachment 3214939View attachment 3214940View attachment 3214941View attachment 3214942View attachment 3214943View attachment 3214944View attachment 3214945View attachment 3214946View attachment 3214947View attachment 3214948View attachment 3214950View attachment 3214951View attachment 3214952View attachment 3214953View attachment 3214954View attachment 3214955View attachment 3214956View attachment 3214958View attachment 3214959View attachment 3214960View attachment 3214961View attachment 3214962View attachment 3214963View attachment 3214964

Predictably there was a lot of fury in the Chicken Palace this morning when they realized there was no breakfast. But I refilled the two feeders I had washed with yummy grower crumble so I may have been forgiven.
No good news on Minnie. She has taken herself off to isolate in a nesting box. She is breathing very heavily and I suspect the same virus Bella had. I always suspected Minnie was the carrier. I will send a swab off of her throat, but there is nothing to be done if that is the issue apart from keeping her comfortable.
I am feeling particularly gloomy at my ability to keep anybody alive and I keep looking around to figure out 'who is next' to die.
:(

@RoyalChick I am so very saddened go be catching up to learn of the incredible difficult time you have had with your girls. My heart absolutely breaks for you and I wish I were close enough geographically to give you a big hug and have a hard cry together. You have provided a wonderful life for them and a short, but full life is so much better than a long, shallow one. I am so, so very sorry.

Last edited:
My wonderful day continues. Went to town to mail the swabs from Minnie to the lab for PCR testing. Guy reverses out of his parking spot into my car.
Surprising amount of damage and lots of insurance bureaucracy.
On the bright side it has given me something else to be upset about and nobody was hurt.
Oh, geez. Seriously??? It just doesn’t stop!

Back
Top Bottom