I have the same chicken as your profile picture has. I have four chickens (3 with creative names and one with a normal name). Having chickens gave me inspiration to start my own business someday, building chicken coops and making medication.
Hi! Welcome! Looking forward to seeing photos of you feathered friends!

Even without seeing this........this is what I did and we has a good trip. It was great for him to be with his 2 sisters and brother. They range in age from 90, his oldest sister and the reason for the party to 81 his other sister. He has another brother and sister who could not make it.

I am very glad that I took him and they had this time together.

Chicken tax
View attachment 3222385
Glad all went well.

How goes the introductions of the rascals and the older gals?

Nope. Just plain old Satin feathered silkie, lol. S/he is adorable regardless, though!

P.S. They get the 'special name' because they are a cross with the Polish. Just like the 'doodle' with dogs crossed with Poodles.🤷‍♀️ go figure.
So Henny Penny is a satin silkie does this mean she has polish genes?
64B46129-CEF2-4419-AD5B-BAE726DEEB2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Just checking everyone and noted that Mr Pompeii seems to sleep with his head hanging down - it's am epidemic hahaha, first Fluffy now him!
View attachment 3222628
I'm not surprised. He's a polish. That's how they sleep. I'm so glad he found a roosting spot with the ladies. Who is that sleeping next to him?

I'm not surprised. He's a polish. That's how they sleep. I'm so glad he found a roosting spot with the ladies. Who is that sleeping next to him?
Misty, they started out roosting up on the hen house door so I had to move them into the hen house - I put him and misty on the roost with strict instructions to stay put!!! They were still there at 2:30am….

I found him up in the window this morning he woke me at 5:30am crowing haha❤️

Back
Top Bottom