I felt her crop again and I think I was wrong about it being empty. There is kinda water balloon. I can hear the bubbling a bit when I massage it. I think that's sour crop :-(

@RoyalChick, Do you mind giving a little advice here? I will also look through the past posts on this thread as I remember lots of discussions around it.
If you haven't already read this article and the comments : https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I hope your beautiful light will be ok !

Lulu’s First Egg!
Today Lulu laid her first egg. It is pale blue and totally perfect.
It is also very tiny! It weighs 28.7g (about an ounce). The last egg laid in the Chicken Palace (Dotty) was just over double the size.
The whole event was quite sweet. She took the best part of two hours selecting which nest box to use. She went in and out of the upper and lower levels with Bernadette in tow.
When she eventually settled on the best spot Bernadette stood outside shouting the whole time!
I am a little sad she isn’t my baby any more, but still very proud of her tiny egg. Maybe I will have a miniature egg sandwich for lunch today.
Congratulations Lulu.
D046B531-CEAA-4AF7-A8E7-4006322C7A97.jpeg

Oh that is an interesting guess. I didn’t think of her!
I'm wrong, but I had reasons for thinking her: he said not Hattie, Sydney and Phyllis have both been broody before (Phyllis relatively recently), and Aurora as the Queen is unlikely to surrender that position even if only long enough to "hatch and raise babies". That left Betty.

Lulu’s First Egg!
Today Lulu laid her first egg. It is pale blue and totally perfect.
It is also very tiny! It weighs 28.7g (about an ounce). The last egg laid in the Chicken Palace (Dotty) was just over double the size.
The whole event was quite sweet. She took the best part of two hours selecting which nest box to use. She went in and out of the upper and lower levels with Bernadette in tow.
When she eventually settled on the best spot Bernadette stood outside shouting the whole time!
I am a little sad she isn’t my baby any more, but still very proud of her tiny egg. Maybe I will have a miniature egg sandwich for lunch today.
Congratulations Lulu.
View attachment 3222731
The color is :love
:love. Maybe blow the egg so you can display the shell (blow it right and you can still eat it).

That didn't look too bad - but am I right in saying LF painted herself into a corner and is a bit directionally challenged?
You would be correct. Everything was fine until she wanted to see what Sydney was eating. I was very surprised. I thought that went very well.

Back
Top Bottom