I do, though, want them to move, as they get kicked off these nests - the most popular ones. I have 11 this group can access - they have to pick 2 of the 3 most used. (Note, 4 are not used, another 2 only marginally used.... 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️
Then I would try moving them at night. You could even try closing them in with the eggs in the dark for extra long. If they won't move then don't let them set.

I said BR's were broody???? 😶 I had 1 my 1st year but never again. It's my Campine I complain about. Supposed to be a non~broody breed but she has 2 or 3 attempts each season. She is already making moves that way this season & I have 2 bantams sitting on nothing while we are still in winter with our coldest days still to come.🙄
I just love your broodies. 😁

I just love your broodies. 😁
So do I but even just monitoring they are a lot of work. 🙄 :fl my hospital stay is just overnight as the lad will never manage monitoring them. At least they have been getting themselves up off the nest but I think I will have to break them. They can't sit constantly.

So do I but even just monitoring they are a lot of work. 🙄 :fl my hospital stay is just overnight as the lad will never manage monitoring them. At least they have been getting themselves up off the nest but I think I will have to break them. They can't sit constantly.
I'm going to let Phyllis go again but she is only getting 25 days this time, not 35.

20220814_173425.jpg

I'm going to let Phyllis go again but she is only getting 25 days this time, not 35.

View attachment 3223240
With or without eggs...? I thought you couldn't do chicks? Sorry, Bob. I've really lost track here...😟 I feel so sad for her sitting on nothing again.

Battle at the Top
I suppose this was inevitable. I may have spoken too soon.

Well I think we have learned who leads the Rascals. Little Glynda just attacked Aurora. there was a pause and I was able to get the camera running and grabbed the finale. Rest assured, Glynda started it. it seems that Aurora ended it.

Right after I stopped filming, Glynda looked at Hattie wrong and got stood on for her troubles.

Aurora is still squawking mad because she was challenged. She took that out on Hattie a few minutes ago. Aurora is walking around the yard squawking still.

Last edited:
With or without eggs...? I thought you couldn't do chicks? Sorry, Bob. I've really lost track here...😟 I feel so sad for her sitting on nothing again.
On ceramic eggs again. I feel bad too.

Mrs BY Bob made it very clear today that before she sets again I need to know if we have Marek's or not. She insists that we let Phyllis hatch if we can.

On ceramic eggs again. I feel bad too.

Mrs BY Bob made it very clear today that before she sets again I need to know if we have Marek's or not. She insists that we let Phyllis hatch if we can.
I'm with Mrs BY Bob. :hugsIt's why I'm going to try for a hatch again. I feel so bad for my crazy lot.

Back
Top Bottom