Battle at the Top
I suppose this was inevitable. I may have spoken too soon.

Well I think we have learned who leads the Rascals. Little Glynda just attacked Aurora. there was a pause and I was able to get the camera running and grabbed the finale. Rest assured, Glynda started it. it seems that Aurora ended it.

Right after I stopped filming, Glynda looked at Hattie wrong and got stood on for her troubles.

Aurora is still squawking mad because she was challenged. She took that out on Hattie a few minutes ago. Aurora is walking around the yard squawking still.

This video really tells you about the ranking of the Rascals. Glynda may lead them, but Lady F is her 2nd in command. She was coming to the rescue and put herself in between the two. If those 2 continue to work together they could shake things up when they are older. Lady F is going to be a big girl, she already is. With her as her back-up Aurora could very well find her position at the top in danger.

The Leader

Glynda is clearly leading them. She has them pretty far out into the yard right now.

20220814_183752.jpg

While Glynda is blazing a trail, Lady Featherington is making sure that Gucci gets there. If they get too far from Gucci, LF goes back to get her and encourages her to catch up.

I seem to have missed something here, but I get the gist, you’re going to hatch some eggs, and you have the perfect broody!

Not sure the context of the Mareks I seemed t have missed this somewhere along the line. But you will be researching vaccinations for the embryo - very interesting!

Tax on missing pertinent info
Sophia snuck into the feed room and settled in while I was uploading that squawking video. I saw her sitting there when I went to feed horses 😊
View attachment 3223299
Hmmm, @BY Bob knows nothing about chickens that sneak into spaces (the BIG coop) where food/snacks are kept....:lau:lau:gig:gig:lau:lau

This video really tells you about the ranking of the Rascals. Glynda may lead them, but Lady F is her 2nd in command. She was coming to the rescue and put herself in between the two. If those 2 continue to work together they could shake things up when they are older. Lady F is going to be a big girl, she already is. With her as her back-up Aurora could very well find her position at the top in danger.
Agreed! But Glynda also needs to watch it! Sometimes that 2IC takes the leadership through sneakery 😊

The Leader

Glynda is clearly leading them. She has them pretty far out into the yard right now.

View attachment 3223314

While Glynda is blazing a trail, Lady Featherington is making sure that Gucci gets there. If they get too far from Gucci, LF goes back to get her and encourages her to catch up.
Awwww so darling ❤️

Okay, so here are pictures of my nest boxes. First from the outside, then from the inside. From the outside, both the left and right nest boxes have broodies. The one on the right just got up for her food & water break. You can see her heading back in on the inside pictures.View attachment 3223326

View attachment 3223327

View attachment 3223328

View attachment 3223329

View attachment 3223330

View attachment 3223332View attachment 3223333
OK - so what is the problem that is causing them to break eggs? At least the first couple of pictures look like there is a lip stopping an egg falling out.

Back
Top Bottom