Lulu has laid another teeny tiny egg.
I do hope she won’t make a habit of it. I mean she isn’t supposed to be a daily layer.
Maybe she is just practicing.
Bernadette sang her song for her. I think Bernadette is a bit confused.
I was told silkies were not prolific layers, turns out they are my best layers even Marty lays one daily. But they do take a 4 week break to go broody 😊 which is fine with me!

Some Monday mugs:

A wary mug: (what are you doing with that thing?)
IMG_1649.JPG

A little mug:
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG

A hiding mug: (I think she is thinking about being broody...she was going in here to lay!)
IMG_1564.JPG

No better than irresponsible dog owners. 😡
Having animals is like having children, of course lots of irresponsible parents out there also!

When I got the silkies last year little did I know I would be the proud mama of 13 motley crew chickies! All I really want was a couple pets!!!

But since I now have them I have been ensuring I am keeping them in the best possible conditions.

I have no idea how many meal worms are distributed then. :confused:

Here's what I do know. With an average of 5.5 chickens over the last 12 months we went through 30 lbs of meal worms. That's 30lbs x 16 = 480 oz. ÷ 365 = 1.315 oz per day or 0.24 oz per chicken per day.

Now some chickens might get more than others........

View attachment 3223960View attachment 3223961

.......but that does not seem like a significant part of their diet. At least not to me.
Thank you for the laughs much appreciated, I am dragging my butt around today - not sleeping 😤

Thankfully I have a new alarm clock though and at 05:00 wakes me up…

🥰 for the photos

😢 for the bullied chicken.

You do know that separating her from the others will only intensify the problem for her right? It will wind up like an integration when you put her back with the rest.
I am wondering how the problem can be corrected, I have a hard time understanding why they are all ganging up on her, does she have something wrong I wonder??

Back
Top Bottom