I will probably be absent for a few days. I can confirm my Ezzie is gone and how I missed her I do not know but when I found Ezzie I also found Crickets body. My father passed away a little after noon today. A word of warning to everyone, if you have not already please have your final wishes in writing so your next of kin is not left making impossible decisions and fighting with other family members in the process. Daddy for years told me verbally what he wanted, in situations like his. He never put it in writing and his brothers and sisters fought me and my brother tooth and nail last night. I now have to track down a copy of his burial insurance policy so I can begin funeral preparations, yet no one has a clue where it is.
:hugs
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

So, the question I haven't seen addressed yet (and I haven't researched it) is whether one can even get just a few vaccinated fertile eggs, of a desired breed, near where one lives, or within driveable distance? Then the plan could be that you switch out the ceramic eggs?
You can't. You inject them with the vaccine around day 19. That would be only a few days before hatching.

I asked about the breeds because some of the more aggressive breeds are really intolerant of differences & getting rid of the bully may not solve the problem as someone else will begin it again. This includes quite a few of the red sex link breeds & is one reason I won't keep them as I have a really mixed flock & some even weirder birds & they all have to get along.
Yes, while all chickens are individuals it does seem that some breeds may be more aggressive towards outsiders.

My brother must be crazy! He just sent me a picture of the new ride he bought. His work commute is complicated. Car, ferry, long distance walking, to and from the office in Seattle. Imagine a 65 year old man riding his sports model scooter?
(But what ever he wants to do, is okay with me!) 81680C30-54B2-4168-A1C9-F29825658AE4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom