Do you by chance have an easy way to make eggplant that doesnt require cheese red sauce or spicy seasoning? My husbands coworker gifted me one and I havent had it since I was little. No Im not giving any to the chicks!
I've not experienced eating eggplant I'm sorry

I've just looked up one method of cooking it. Cut into half an inch circles and roast it in the oven for about 30 minutes. I would use olive oil salt and pepper

This is wonderful! I suspect that it went as well for a couple of reasons:
*the lowest of the adults are gone - they tend to be the ones that start trouble with newcomers
*Lulu has been 'interacting' with them regularly - in a very non-aggressive manner
*Bernadette is smart and hasn't made any moves (yes, I'm looking at YOU, Glynda!👀)
*They have all just experienced loss, and may be closer because of it.
*Remember how the trio didn't mingle? I think there is something to being 2 versus 3 + - ??maybe 2 are friends, 3 +is a flock??? Based on the sleep thing from @Ponypoor , you need at least 3 to have a 'middle one' that can totally relax & sleep both sides of brain?????

So, the above are suppositions/ponderings based on their behavior and some behaviors in my flock dynamics at times.

Any thoughts on the ponderings? @RoyalChick @BY Bob @rural mouse @ChicoryBlue @Kris5902
Yes as they say there is safety in numbers.

Very interesting. The chooks are all inside the coop at 7:00 pst that’s early for them. I wonder why? :idunno
My gang also roosting early these days, but then daylight hours are less now 😥 soon be winter boohoo

Can’t wait for the first snow and they all look at me going Bok Bok Bok as if I can fix the weather hahaha😁

More crappy hay, it’s so dusty in here both Sally and I are hacking and coughing. I was not happy as this was a replacement bale for one of the other bad bales 😡

I am almost thinking this is last years crappy hay, it sure isn’t like the gorgeous lively hay I got a few weeks ago!!!

Guess I will need to source a new hay supplier 🥺

Unhappy rant tax

Curly now gone broody
View attachment 3226686

Penelope, Blanche and Sophia ready for bed
View attachment 3226687
Definitely find a better supplier. If they are not storing well there will be problems.

My gang also roosting early these days, but then daylight hours are less now 😥 soon be winter boohoo

Can’t wait for the first snow and they all look at me going Bok Bok Bok as if I can fix the weather hahaha😁
Mine are exactly the same and my cat sulks

20220818_174229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom