I also wonder why chickens all over the world are moulting early. It's also the first year all of my adults moult at the same time, and it's quite scary.

I felt kind of bad taking pictures of molting butts. I left Chipie and Blanche in peace because they're the worst.

Why prefer bigger butts ? Smaller younger butts don't molt. Says Léa.
View attachment 3268987Cannelle has about two tail feathers left. Poor girl started first and she's far from done.View attachment 3268988Mr smart butt 👿.View attachment 3268990Brune is the only ex-batt that's not looking painful, but she got some side feathers ripped off by Théo.View attachment 3268995Merle asks what is a big fluffy butt ? She prefers being so light she can fly to the moon 🌚.View attachment 3268998
You have some lovely chickens but Little Merle is showing off why I really love the black chickens in my flock. Before I got mine I always thought of black chickens as boring. A black chicken is never boring and truly not black either. Depending on the time of day they are either blue, green or purple toned. Your not going to get that color changing effect with any other color of chicken. Well, maybe white, they can turn themselves into the color of mud but that is about it. Merle also reminds me a lot of Raven as a youngster. She has that look about her, is she a trouble maker?

I also got another Butter and Blueberry egg bright and early this morning. I was slightly disappointed that neither girl laid yesterday so I only had 1 from each to give to Bunny and Raven. The girls now each have 8 eggs instead of 7 and the 2 new ones are only about 12 hours behind. I mean, if your going to go ahead and set 14 between 2 hens 2 more is not going to hurt.

You have some lovely chickens but Little Merle is showing off why I really love the black chickens in my flock. Before I got mine I always thought of black chickens as boring. A black chicken is never boring and truly not black either. Depending on the time of day they are either blue, green or purple toned. Your not going to get that color changing effect with any other color of chicken. Well, maybe white, they can turn themselves into the color of mud but that is about it. Merle also reminds me a lot of Raven as a youngster. She has that look about her, is she a trouble maker?
Ah! Another Merle fan. Love a black chicken! :love

Crazy neighbor, just called. I went over to help (she had cut her hand really bad.) I stopped the bleeding, and am here with her, waiting for the ambulance to arrive. I left my chooks unattended.
This is how my day is going so far! :barnie
Have you heard from your neighbour? How is here hand?

You did a good thing - you do good things for your community - sounds like you are looked up to. That is a blessed thing 💕

Back
Top Bottom