I'm in the states. She can blame me all she wants seeing as there is a lot of distance between us. Gently pokes Marty, come on girly, you know you want to be a momma.
No she doesn’t your bad hahaha

Though a silly polish cross would cute chicks ❤️

I will check my lottery ticket tomorrow, if I have won then I will set Henny Penny and we can hatch chicks together 😊

Edit: silkie NOT silly…. Hahahaa

Last edited:
Everyone was headed to the coop for the night, but I couldn’t find Hen-Rietta. I keep calling her name, and then heard her shrill from inside the coop. Yep, there you are sweetheart, first to perch I guess.
I know that frantic search only to find one safe in the hen house!

My troublesome neighbor is still incarcerated (he’s safer in jail anyways) I’m always ready to help my neighbors if they are in distress.
I’m proud of you and your courage.
Oh Alex I am so glad you’re safer - it’s a worry thinking of a crazy lunatic next door 💕

Yes, almost to sheathing now… just 7 trusses away from complete on the two sides, 4 are going up tomorrow and the last three need lifted from the ground. I’ve asked BIL for tractor help on that. I’m also going to be moving the sheathing down, and have a plan on getting it to attic level by myself or with help from my mom (71)… View attachment 3270752
I’m hoping for a done-(ish/good enough for me) by thanksgiving (maybe/probably the American one?) on the keeping water out end of things at least. This is why I haven’t been on so much. Morning chores, coffee, late morning chores, goatwalk, afternoon chores, house building, evening chores, dinner, locking up for the night… and repeat. View attachment 3270753
Looks like some enjoys mucky puddle like my kiddos 😊

Hi, everyone. Can we talk about molt a little more? Seven of my eight hens are in some stage of molt. How about the rest of your birds?
I have one ina horrendously heavy molt - poor Dorothy. Most have already finished, fluffy is molting and broody, just as well she cuddles
With her sister for warmth. And mr Pompei is molting losing a bit of feathers here and there.

I ALWAYS transition them slowly when changing their feed. With the exception of putting out starter (which the adults always scoff down), they have to adjust slowly to new feed - both to make sure the intestinal biome for different feed, and to get used to the new taste.
I just got some medicated feed for my chicks I mix a little of the non-medicated in so they eat it. will keep them on medicated until they are older. Their poops were dark but the chick that wasnt feeling good didnt have runny poo. 4 more days of corid then a couple of weeks of poultry cell to replace thiamine and vitamins. Glad I put together a first aid kit I recommend everyone do it when receiving baby chicks.

Back
Top Bottom