Sadly, I’m up all night long, because my Hen-Rietta was feeling poorly, so I have her in my room. She’s my beautiful princess and the last matriarch of my original tribe (She’s Beetov-Hen’s sister) RIP, View attachment 3278070and a very important Leghorn friend to me. Here’s her pic
Aww, get better Hen-rietta!

My poor chicken's mind is fuzzy so a stray cat - who comes to our yard every second of her life - decides to scare her out of "prison". Grandma ends up getting out of there herself. We also have five kittens but the 4 others run away every few days and we are left with one brown / golden yellow / white cat (I don't know cat breeds okay) so the kitty is just hiding. Also excuse my really bad handwriting. I don't write like this in real life.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-02 4.01.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-02 4.01.38 PM.png
    788.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
God has been very gracious to me. So many friends, so much more property than I ever expected.new cars for free, an aero plane that still has nothing wrong with her really, And yea my Hen-Rietta gives me unconditional love and a few eggs 🥚. And a rooster, famous world wide!
Lucky you with the free vehicles. I have only received three free vehicles in my lifetime. The car my parents bought for me when I turned 16, the twin car they bought me, along with one foe my suster, when I turned 18 because I had totaled the other one, and the Jag they gave to me when I was in need of a car several years back. Remember it was sitting in my yard and you guys all encouraged me to restore it? I would have loved to, but it would have had to sit in the yard for many more years. We ended up donating it to Kars for Kids.

Lucky you with the free vehicles. I have only received three free vehicles in my lifetime. The car my parents bought for me when I turned 16, the twin car they bought me, along with one foe my suster, when I turned 18 because I had totaled the other one, and the Jag they gave to me when I was in need of a car several years back. Remember it was sitting in my yard and you guys all encouraged me to restore it? I would have loved to, but it would have had to sit in the yard for many more years. We ended up donating it to Kars for Kids.
And to be clear, I have an extremely blessed life, as well. I have a wonderful husband and two of the most amazing kids ever. My parents and siblings are all still alive and healthy and we get together and vacation occasionally. My friends are loyal and kind and a ton of fun to hang out with. I work with an amazing group of people serving children. My health is good for the most part and I get to do whatever I want to do. I was able to purchase the home I love so much and my chickens get to live here their whole lives and my kids get to visit the place they grew up in forever. Sorry for going on and on, but Alex’s post made me reflect on how good life is! And my chickens adore me!

Tax
276B909A-5E2D-4A84-B532-9D6C733869A7.jpeg
284B4EA9-C826-4A74-8C71-161C64A63923.jpeg
469A412B-66FD-4AEE-AA22-CE8CCE233DA6.jpeg
0D88A22A-95E4-4CE2-A6B8-0F799B0B72DE.jpeg

My second car was a Ford Mustang 1964 1/2 straight six. Used with only 20K miles on it. High school days. I didn’t know at the time that it was considered a classic, worth $50,000 bucks. Darn I was stupid at that time 🥺

It has officially begun. For 4 months I left Twiggy alone to grow up and be a chicken. Now that he is officially my keeper it is time he gets used to really being handled other then a quick chest rub at night. I went out earlier and caught him, which took a few minutes. He protested at first but quickly settled down. I brought him in, and did what I do with his daddy daily. I sat at the table, had a fresh cup of coffee and just held him quietly talking to him. Within a few minutes he was completely relaxed and fell asleep. Grandma and mom came over and petted him in my arms and he was ok with it. This will be our new daily routine I think for a bit. Seeing how quickly he did settle down I don't think it will take too long before he enjoys being handled. On the bright side, mom loves him, already telling him his is prettier then his daddy and a better boy. He is no longer the "Demon Spawn" to her.
That’s wonderful 😊

I find that being calm and consistent is the key to getting them used to being handled.

I think I have decided to not make a friend with Mr P. He will just remain a herd stud not a pet. Although having said that he sure can run after me if he thinks I have treats for him hahaha!

That’s wonderful 😊

I find that being calm and consistent is the key to getting them used to being handled.

I think I have decided to not make a friend with Mr P. He will just remain a herd stud not a pet. Although having said that he sure can run after me if he thinks I have treats for him hahaha!
Kelly, calm and consistent? :gig :lau :he My property in Florida is at 101010 alligator drive Everglades highway Florida still for sale $ 25 bucks

Thank you! She was also the cuddliest chicken that I have ever had. She’s the one who liked to stand on my lap and shove her head into my armpit. It was so darn cute!
I remember that...I remember one video where you were petting someone* on your lap and she pushed them so she could get her head in under your arm. It was so cute! (*I think it was Bridgie, but I'm not sure)

And to be clear, I have an extremely blessed life, as well. I have a wonderful husband and two of the most amazing kids ever. My parents and siblings are all still alive and healthy and we get together and vacation occasionally. My friends are loyal and kind and a ton of fun to hang out with. I work with an amazing group of people serving children. My health is good for the most part and I get to do whatever I want to do. I was able to purchase the home I love so much and my chickens get to live here their whole lives and my kids get to visit the place they grew up in forever. Sorry for going on and on, but Alex’s post made me reflect on how good life is! And my chickens adore me!

Tax
View attachment 3278676View attachment 3278678View attachment 3278679View attachment 3278680
No worries about going on 😊 I agree I too feel very fortunate.

Love your gals many colours - they are truly lovely❤️

Back
Top Bottom