I love this, and if Foggy could talk, I am sure he would say he is pleased with the rendition! What a lovely set of comb & Waddles - swoon worthy despite the fact that that doesn't affect the selecting of 'mates' with chickens. You definitely captured the eyes and 'eyebrow' feathers perfectly!❤️❤️❤️

The only thing I ever really sketched that looked enough like what it was supposed to be (enough, anyways, so someone could guess correctly!) was a squirrel.:idunnoHow can you mis-guess a big, fuzzy tail?
Thank you. Foggy would peck this picture to death, haha. Miss my Foggy (or not, since I am terrified of him).

Oh my gosh, you guys. I’m so bummed I didn’t have a camera (phone) in my hand tonight to grab a Thirsty Thursday video.

Minnie Minnie is having a significant molt, and is getting special attention, because last year during molt, she had neurological issues and I ended up tube feeding her. I am doing everything I can to avoid that this year, including providing beef liver, baby bird formula, wheat sprouts, private feedings, etc. So far, so good.

Well, during molt, this little girl is obsessed with drinking water on the ground, to the point that she’ll run over if I have a hose in my hand. We both know the drill now. I’ll be watering whatever, she’ll run over, I’ll put the face of the water wand directly into the soil, and she’ll find a trickle/puddle to drink from. This can go on for several minutes.

Tonight Flash, who is also in a molting mess, joined in the fun. It was like she was on chicken crack or something, beyond excited about the ground water.

Next, Lucky, who has recently recovered from molt, came over and found her own little puddle. So I had three hens in a row, all drinking off the ground. It was SO DARN CUTE. Sorry I missed the photo op!
Chicken crack, I like this terminology.

Good morning folks. Its 4:53 am and still dark woke up with a migraine but took the medicine for it so hopefully it goes away.
I love all the chicken picks especially Mr. Pompei.❤️
The colored pencil drawings are awesome. I used to draw and was thinking about getting back into it.
You must! :pop:caf

Aww, this is lovely! Colour pencils are way harder than graphite, but there are so many awesome tutorials on YouTube, probably even some drawing chickens. My first attempt I was mainly using block colours, the second attempt I was blending more. It was definitely better but I still wasn’t happy with it as I have an inherent need for my drawings to look exactly like what I’m copying (cubism is NOT my thing!)

Look up some tutorials and have another go. :hugs
Thank you. I will have another go then!

I think it’s wonderful!
Thank you!
Yep, I have one hen with wattles - Sophia - it wasn’t till Mr P came along that I got lovely wattles ❤️

Sophia
View attachment 3281359

Mr P
View attachment 3281360
I think I need to appreciate my babies' wattles better!

Personally I love it because you have caught the expression in his eyes. And who couldn’t love those magnificent wattles?!!
Thank you. Appreciated!

But who doesn’t?!
You and @Ponypoor are right. I am wrong.😆

Oh I forgot to update you all on the sick chick. She is much better now since I treated them all with corid for 5-7 days now Im doing poultry cell for a couple of weeks to get thiamine and vitamins back in them. Dont want no wry neck here.
I always get up about 4:30 and start letting dogs out. The chickens dont get up until about 6 am. Then I feed the chicks their mash and the big girls I will feed about 7 am when they are out in the run.
That is great to hear!!

Back
Top Bottom