Preening party in the sunny and extravagant Cozy Corner.

Peanut (back right) giving Butters advice on how to get through a hard molt. It looks that way for Butters, we'll see. Her poops are watery now. But they both are eating well, love to eat pellets out of my hand, even after some mealworms and corn. Peanut's pins are about a centimeter long now. Butters' whole face is gray with tiny pins.
PXL_20221126_185358625.jpg

Dual panel extravagance - everybody can move around and get warm! Peanut is there regularly for all her rest stops during the day. I felt Peanut's body yesterday, she feels tiny and skinny, but no swelling or bulging in her belly. Her and everybody's eyes still look good.
PXL_20221126_185408236.jpg

Peanut preening with an assist from Hazel. She lets her pick bits here and there, but stopped her when she pulled on a pin.
PXL_20221126_185444277.jpg

A few days ago Peanut was hanging out here and tossing oak leaves and shreds on her back. What's up with that? She is not laying. Looking for extra warmth?

Hello everyone. Today was 61 F in PA and around 55 F when we got back but at the rest area, it wasn't that cold, around 57 F and turns out we came home earlier than expected. We had to return today instead of Sunday because there was a possibility of icy rain, which meant higher chances of getting stuck in traffic and the chickens and cat drank a lot of water (The container was about 5/8 full but with 4 chickens and a cat drinking water for 2 1/2 days, that's bound to happen) and even though the chickens had feed, the poor cat ran out of food and was purring like crazy, eating the food we gave her. It got dark when we came back but we were able to see the chickens get comfy in their little hutch. Had we came home tomorrow, she probably would've starved to death. Imagine what the chickens would do... anyways, we had a good time but unfortunately, my cousin had her party on the day we had to leave. While they were setting up decorations for the party, my dad kept compelling us to go. I really wanted to stay to help with the decorations and for the party but no. An obnoxion but complaining is not tolerated. I would love to tell you about other things going on, but that's another topic for another post and let me know if you want to hear it. Anyways, the turkey... um... the pictures explain everything but it was still okay. Bad news was there was no wishbone. Someone threw it away. Me and my cousin asked that question but my dad didn't really answer that question, meaning there probably was no wishbone. Next turkey, I'm going to watch the turkey and I'm going to pull out that wishbone. But that is okay because we have another turkey in the freezer that we are going to save for New Years. The only things I did during my vacation was watch movies and TV shows on streaming apps. I finished watching The Watcher, Luca and many others, even a Taylor Swift documentary on Netflix and went on the trampoline because hey, some of us like trampolines... maybe... We're going again on Christmas and I'll probably send a letter to my cousin to tell her I'm sorry for not being at her party. I was there last year but this year didn't happen.
And yes, everyone, that is how a Thanksgiving turkey is supposed to be prepared and looked like... even smelled like.
Update: my computer is still broken.

Attachments

• 20221124_132308.jpg
    20221124_132308.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221124_132428.jpg
    20221124_132428.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221124_134421.jpg
    20221124_134421.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Peanut (back right) giving Butters advice on how to get through a hard molt. It looks that way for Butters, we'll see. Her poops are watery now. But they both are eating well, love to eat pellets out of my hand, even after some mealworms and corn. Peanut's pins are about a centimeter long now. Butters' whole face is gray with tiny pins.
View attachment 3333803

Dual panel extravagance - everybody can move around and get warm! Peanut is there regularly for all her rest stops during the day. I felt Peanut's body yesterday, she feels tiny and skinny, but no swelling or bulging in her belly. Her and everybody's eyes still look good.
View attachment 3333824

Peanut preening with an assist from Hazel. She lets her pick bits here and there, but stopped her when she pulled on a pin.
View attachment 3333816

A few days ago Peanut was hanging out here and tossing oak leaves and shreds on her back. What's up with that? She is not laying. Looking for extra warmth?
Oh I love the two panel fix up that’s great! I bet they like to hang out there!

Moulting has to be seriously hard on them poor wee gals, Sophia was better this year with her moult, but she still lost weight. When I get home now next month I will weigh everyone again. I weighed them all to worm them.

Wonder if her hormones are in flux and that is why she is tossing stuff on her back. My grey gal was doing that before I left - she was stopping laying. So I figured her hormones were bonkers…

Hello everyone. Today was 61 F in PA and around 55 F when we got back but at the rest area, it wasn't that cold, around 57 F and turns out we came home earlier than expected. We had to return today instead of Sunday because there was a possibility of icy rain and the chickens and cat drank a lot of water (The container was about 5/8 full but with 4 chickens and a cat drinking water for 2 1/2 days, that's bound to happen) and even though the chickens had feed, the poor cat ran out of food and was purring like crazy, eating the food we gave her. It got dark when we came back but we were able to see the chickens get comfy in their little hutch. Had we came home tomorrow, she probably would've starved to death. Imagine what the chickens would do... anyways, we had a good time but unfortunately, my cousin had her party on the day we had to leave. While they were setting up decorations for the party, my dad kept ushering us to go. I really wanted to stay to help with the decorations and for the party but no. An obnoxion but complaining is not tolerated. I would love to tell you about other things going on, but that's another topic for another post and let me know if you want to hear it. Anyways, the turkey... um... the pictures explain everything but it was still okay. Bad news was there was no wishbone. Someone threw it away. Me and my cousin asked that question but my dad didn't really answer that question, meaning there probably was no wishbone. Next turkey, I'm going to watch the turkey and I'm going to pull out that wishbone. But that is okay because we have another turkey in the freezer that we are going to save for New Years. The only things I did during my vacation was watch movies and TV shows on streaming apps. I finished watching The Watcher, Luca and many others, even a Taylor Swift documentary on Netflix and went on the trampoline because hey, some of us like trampolines... maybe... We're going again on Christmas and I'll probably send a letter to my cousin to tell her I'm sorry for not being at her party. I was there last year but this year didn't happen.
And yes, everyone, that is how a Thanksgiving turkey is supposed to be prepared and looked like... even smelled like.
Looks like a deep fried turkey ❤️

It’s too bad you couldn’t stay for your cousin’s party but it’s better to be safe on those roads! Icy roads are not fun let me tell you!

Glad your kitty and chooks did relatively ok, they are hardier than you know 😊.

I agree with you keeping an eye on the next turkey, and you grab that wish bone! We used to keep it a couple days to dry out before we broke ours - when we were kids - now my nieces’ and my cousin’s girls do that.

Ok well glad you’re back safe and sound!

Looks like a deep fried turkey ❤️

It’s too bad you couldn’t stay for your cousin’s party but it’s better to be safe on those roads! Icy roads are not fun let me tell you!

Glad your kitty and chooks did relatively ok, they are hardier than you know 😊.

I agree with you keeping an eye on the next turkey, and you grab that wish bone! We used to keep it a couple days to dry out before we broke ours - when we were kids - now my nieces’ and my cousin’s girls do that.

Ok well glad you’re back safe and sound!
Thanks, Ponypoor. How are your chooks doing? I am still considering on getting a security camera so I can watch them while I'm on vacation.

Thanks, Ponypoor. How are your chooks doing? I am still considering on getting a security camera so I can watch them while I'm on vacation.
All is good with my crowd I think! I check on them several times a day and they look like they are doing well. No use asking my mum if they are ok she just says they are fine haha. She isn’t an animal person really. But I am glad that she is looking after them while I am out here working!

🥰

View attachment 3333803

View attachment 3333824

View attachment 3333816

They look content - even if the two of them also look miserably porcupine-y!

I hope you are doing okay, too. I'm glad you are able to sit out with them - hopefully relatively pain free - at least with meds. :fl :fl

Back
Top Bottom