They're one of the sex-link breeds. Chicks hatch out different colors depending upon the gender. They don't breed true for color linking so second generation pops either color on either gender.
The boys are lighter....but have other colors in them. Either yellow-ish, or white with red patches. It is really rare they don't get any color from dad, though it can happen..... .
Golden Comet Chicken | Why Add Them To Your Farm - Rural Living Today

https://rurallivingtoday.com/backyard-chickens-roosters/golden-comet-chicken/
Golden Comet Chicken |

Where to Buy Golden Comet Chickens - eFowl

Golden Comet Chickens
Golden Comet Baby Chickens for Sale | Cackle Hatchery®

Golden Comet Chickens

They don't breed true for color linking so second generation pops either color on either gender.
But then they are no longer a golden comets, they are officially then a 'mutt', as Golden Comets are a hybrid. Meaning Dad RIR over mom White leghorn (I believe it is that way, not reversed). Golden Comet X Golden Comet = mutt.

It will be ok for you to bring Grandma inside - in fact it is safer for her to be inside rather then around wild birds outside! You won't catch anything from her, and she won't catch anything from you.

The reason that they talk about so much 'flu' with birds and people is that like birds we all tend to get together more at this time of year inside. And that is where we can catch something. With us humans we tend to stay inside more when it's cold and of course kids are back to school (kids are germ factories!) so that makes it a great way to catch all sorts of colds and flu.

And then there are the birds, they are all migrating in huge flocks - again they are all congregating together. And that is also a great way for birds to catch all sorts of colds and flu.

So this is also why it's safer for us to keep our chickens inside and away from wild birds at this time of the year (and again in the Spring when birds once again migrate).

For you one of the best ways to feel better is take a couple tylenol, a couple times a day, and a nice hot cup of lemon or mint tea with honey ❤️. Also you need rest! no going out (and also you shouldn't go out when you're sick and give it to others :) ). I am sending you hugs to help you feel better, and here is Mr P snoozing all by his lonesome hahaha. My chickies are all over the place snoozing these days! And yes use your Vicks! Awesome stuff :)

View attachment 3339453
Love Mr. P. When I get a security camera for my chickens, I'll try and get photos.

Back
Top Bottom